Zumo 550

Diver Dan

Reaction score
O.K. Guys,

Just took delivery of my brand spanking new Zumo 550.

Still futtering with all the bits. Loaded the manual into the computer etc but have a few questions.
1. If all the maps are pre loaded why do you get a disk of City Navigator NT v.9...if it's pre loaded?
2. Which is the best mount for a 12GSA....the Motorrad Concepts or the Migsel....or whats wrong with the 'U' bolt and the handlebar mount?
3. Do I definitely need a new Autocom lead for the audio or will the old one for the BM Navigator work, and if I do need the new £33 lead, where is the best and quickest place to get it??

Appreciate all and any advice:D

Dan interested in your move from from the BM Navigator to the Zumo - what made you change?

Only reason is that I can get the Nav 3 for £695 and Zumo for £500 - was it more than price??

Ta
J:nenau

Hi Python,

I traded in my lovely black 1150GSA for my equally lovely 12 GSA. Foolishly I left my BM Nav I on the bike with the TT ram mount and lockable alloy cradle. I did this because I thought.....new bike.....new GPS, so I searched around for opinion on 'best' and best value and arrived at the Zumo 550.

I bought from 'blokestuff.com' best price £492 inc p.p. and arrived next day which was great.

First impressions are....Zumo seems great, don't really see advantage of touch screen with gloves on. Maybe it will take time to get used to the new menus etc. but I liked my old one for getting around the screen and finding things and places. At the moment I think I may have been better holding unto the old BM Nav I which was just a glorified SP III.

Maybe it will just take time to get used to:(

Hi Dan,
on the disc you'll find a load of planning software of Europe with loads of POI already there.
Its similar to TYRE on Google earth, if you are familiar with that application.

Mike

At the moment I think I may have been better holding unto the old BM Nav I which was just a glorified SP III.
:(

Good heavens! Haven't you tried a postcode search yet or typing in an address?

I had a SPIII and there is no way I would want to hang onto that!

O.K. Guys,

Just took delivery of my brand spanking new Zumo 550.

Still futtering with all the bits. Loaded the manual into the computer etc but have a few questions.
1. If all the maps are pre loaded why do you get a disk of City Navigator NT v.9...if it's pre loaded?
2. Which is the best mount for a 12GSA....the Motorrad Concepts or the Migsel....or whats wrong with the 'U' bolt and the handlebar mount?
3. Do I definitely need a new Autocom lead for the audio or will the old one for the BM Navigator work, and if I do need the new £33 lead, where is the best and quickest place to get it??

Appreciate all and any advice:D

1 As well as purchasing the Zumo you have purchased a liscense for the software which you can carry over to another unit should you ever wish to do so. In addition you can install Mapsource on your PC from the disc with V9 maps.

2. Nothing wrong with the supplied RAM parts and mounting bracket, the Motorad concepts mounts however let you mount the unit directly ahead of the rider and above the clocks which personally I find is preferable as the screen is closer to your eyeline while riding.

I use Migsel's mount myself.

3. If you want to make use of the units Bluetooth faclity in conjunction with a mobile phone then you need a new lead, if you just want to hear on route instructions and use the inbuilt MP3 player then the old lead will be fine as long as it has the correct size connectors.

Guys,

That is all extremely helpful.

Thanks for all the help. The more I play with the unit, the happier I get with it.

Are you telling me I need to load the city nav v9 unto the computer and then transfer the info to the Zumo, a bit like the old SP III??:confused:

Mapping is pre-loaded but you'll want to install Mapsource and the City Nav. mapping onto your PC. The plotting of routes will be a whole heap easier if you do...

Thanks Guys,

Just been playing with thw Zumo and have it worked out now.

Took it for a short run in the car today and am starting to like it a lot more.:D

Back
Top Bottom