3/4 length leather jacket...

:topic Sorry Schtum, have you started a bandwagon? :hide
Nowt to do with me Charles. It just that there are one or two clowns who think they're funny, when in fact, their senses of humour haven't developed beyond the puerile playground level. :rolleyes:

i agree that it looks like a Frank Thomas jacket from a good few years ago.

sticks in my mind - coz i always wanted one :) and hadn't got the money at the time!:(

hth.
~~
Og

i agree that it looks like a Frank Thomas jacket from a good few years ago.

Well you might think it looks like one but the consensus seems to be that it's a copper's jacket. It's also far too well made to be FT and it's got CE armour in it.

Dear me! I expected a less prosaic reply from someone with such pretentious
drivel below their posts.

The fact you describe the core concept of General Semantics Theory as "pretentious drivel" says it all really......:rolleyes:

i agree that it looks like a Frank Thomas jacket from a good few years ago. Og

Hi Og, hope you and yours are keeping well ;) I agree with you.

Part of my extensive motorcycling wardrobe includes a very similar jacket. Quite probably an earlier version as it is without the armour. This jacket was purchased from the Frank Thomas stand at the BMF in their "End of line" sale in the Millennium year, and is labelled Club Classic. It is manufactured from the highest quality hide and to date the only repairs needed has been the replacement of a few pocket fasteners.
To the inexperienced the epaulettes may suggest an official origin but the classic British motorcycle wear normally included them.

Attachments

• PICT0776 (Small).JPG
    PICT0776 (Small).JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 102
Part of my extensive motorcycling wardrobe includes a very similar jacket. Quite probably an earlier version as it is without the armour. This jacket was purchased from the Frank Thomas stand at the BMF in their "End of line" sale in the Millennium year, and is labelled Club Classic. It is manufactured from the highest quality hide and to date the only repairs needed has been the replacement of a few pocket fasteners.
To the inexperienced the epaulettes may suggest an official origin but the classic British motorcycle wear normally included them.

Hmm.....perhaps. The right breast pocket is different from mine. Does it have zipped darts at the hips?

This seems to be the closest thing to my jacket that Frank Thomas currently markets is this.....

279x274-FTL237.jpg

However, having looked at the labels in mine again, it does mention that the CE approved armour is Armasport and unless my memory fails me, that is / was a brand name used by Frank Thomas.

If the jacket is indeed an FT product then I'm pleasantly surprised. I always thought their stuff wasn't very good.

Greetings Mr Noddy,
;) back at ya:D
your timeline - sounds right, i was in a shop in Accrington of all places, getting my first R65 around that time. reason i recall it was i was trying to get a deal on said jacket as they had old stock in the shop, i remember it wasn't exactly a big seller.:rolleyes:
i hoped to get the bike and a cheap jacket thrown in..... i was nearly thrown out... of the shop:D

Schtum,
yup - i thought the quality was suprisingly good for an FT product and the one i saw did have room for armour, but i dont think it came with any.

aww buggrit!...wish i'd bought the feckin thing now!:(

~~
Og

I think that's a german motorcycle cops jacket.Have a look at silvermans website,or one of the other wholesalers that flog stuff like that.I had a very similar one in the early 80s that was,err,liberated from it's previous owner.:rolleyes:

Well you might think it looks like one but the consensus seems to be that it's a copper's jacket. It's also far too well made to be FT and it's got CE armour in it.

I beg to differ, the FT jacket i had which looks like the one you have,was extremely well made, thats why i bought it, it didn't look like a FT item.I do have standards.

. It was a really comfy and practical jacket to wear.

Hmm.....perhaps. The right breast pocket is different from mine. Does it have zipped darts at the hips?

Yes it has. It also has provision for back armour, a zip out liner and has two smaller zipped pockets behind the front lower pockets. The liner is in black mesh and all of the pockets are lined with a Belstaff style of tartan.

I shall make enquires from a German friend if the cleaning instructions inside their jackets is in English.

Last edited:
This seems to be the closest thing to my jacket that Frank Thomas currently markets is this.....

279x274-FTL237.jpg

However, having looked at the labels in mine again, it does mention that the CE approved armour is Armasport and unless my memory fails me, that is / was a brand name used by Frank Thomas.

If the jacket is indeed an FT product then I'm pleasantly surprised. I always thought their stuff wasn't very good.

Snap' well nearly..... label in mine says CW leathers england, I think they killed another cow cause it's so thick and heavy.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 57

IMO FT of recent times arn't a patch on FT of old, their product quality seemed to drop significantly when they ceased to use Gortex.

Shep

Back
Top Bottom