Bike Maneuver

easty

i saw a friend of mine some time ago with a bike maneuver, which allowed him to swing his bike through 90 degrees and park it hard up against the end wall of his garage. The device is sort of a metal plate that the center stand went on with 4 castors located at the corners. Does any one know where these "bike turners" can be puchased as a disabled friend of mine has bought a bike as a restoration project and needs to be able to maneuver the bike easily around his garage.

Bike mover

Just a word of caution. I use one and they are indeed very good for moving the bike around. Be very carefull to buy one with a device to lock the wheels or raise itself onto a brake of some kind. This will prevent it moving along the garage when your mate leans on the bike and you have not locked the wheels. A priceless look on his face. Also remember you are going to be pushing the whole considerable weight of the bike on four little wheels. It takes a knack to do but once moving in the right direction can be placed in a tight spot. Also they are not suitable for rough concrete floors due to the small wheels and work best on a smooth floor. Do not on any account push the bike from behind as if a wheel gets jammed on an errant object you will push the bike off the stand and be left with the decision to throw yourself to the left or right to either get out of the way or cushion the bikes fall. AND no I did not find this out the right way.
All in all like any piece of kit they have their advantages and dissadvantages. My garage is tight and it enable me to work on one side of the bike with plenty of rooom to spare and then push it to the other side to work on the other. Then push it into a corner when its not being used for a few days out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom