Overland Adventure day

And Austin Vince who will be doing a talk -something that should never be missed. I rate him as being the best 'After Dinner' speaker I know. Funny, to the point, attention grabbing and 'PC' ? What's that!?:blast

If you haven't heard, he's got a new edition of his Terra Circa DVD out and I think he will be there with copies of it.

Traveldri-Plus have now joined the list of people who are going.

HU has a post going on this and I know that Glynn, Grant and the guys have been posting on it.

http://www.horizonsunlimited.com/hubb/hu-travellers-meetings-uk/overland-adventure-travel-day-ace-39328

See you there? Hope so.:thumb
Cheers,
Sam

This is shaping up to be a really good day out. Remember its FREE entry :thumb

Time table will be posted this week

Glynn

Met with Carl from the Ace today and the confirmed line up for the day is....

Presentations from -

11.00 AM Ian Mutch - Mali on a Harley
Editor of 'The Road' and MAG stalwart.

12.30 PM Sam Manicom - Distant Suns
Long time traveller and author

2.00 PM Austin Vince - Our resident after dinner speaker!
Veteran of many madcap trips and author too!

3.30 PM Simon Gandolfi - Old man on a bike
South America on a 125...

All presentations last around 20 minutes

Also attending -

Grant and Susan Johnson - Horizons Unlimited

Craig Carey Clinch - Motorcycle Outreach Charity

As well as the above signing their books and DVD's there are several traders attending.

TravelDri - Plus - Camping/Travel Outfitters

Metal Mule - Metal Luggage systems

James Cargo - Shipping solutions

The KTM Centre. Hemel Hempstead - Err KTM's...

Middlesex Advanced Motorcyclists

All the above can be googled easily. I doubt any of the traders will have their full range on board, I know they would be grateful if you contact them for anything you want to see/buy.

Glynn

i am thinking of going on sunday , i am from north notts , anyone in the area fancy meeting up and running together ?????, andy ....:thumb:thumb2:JB:JB

What a day out!

THere were loads of GSs in the car park but only a handful people were from here. Which surprised me initially but then it dawned on me that there are actually loads of people that ride these bikes rather than talk about it :mmmm

IMG_0283.jpg

I like these KTMs

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

I also quite like this ... what is it?

IMG_0288.jpg

Quite a few of the "real adventure riders" were selling their bikes after their trip. This GS Dakar is one such bike.

IMG_0287.jpg

Then it was back to dreaming about riding my bike :D
IMG_0289.jpg

There was a write up on the XT500 in one of the mags last month, featuring a very tidy example...I wonder if that's the same one?

XT500 a classic or so I'm told (old piece of crap which is someone's pride and joy):blast there's some dutch bloke who loves'em my mate had one sold it for £500 I fancied the idea but it would have been another pile of pieces in the shed I get moaned at for and I already have a so called classic which I must put back together one day....:augie

Yamaha XT500 and quite a nice one too. :thumb2

Sorry guys, it's not a XT500 but a DT125 or 175 MX. Still a classic though :thumb2.

This is an XT 500. Looks similar but the tailpipes on the wrong side.

Attachments

• Yamaha_XT500_stpz.jpg
    Yamaha_XT500_stpz.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 268

Back
Top Bottom