Windows 10 mark up PDF software ?

Walowiz

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I’ve moved to a Microsoft Surface and mostly its brilliant.

On the iPad Pro you could natively mark up PDFs from the mail app, which was very useful and something I’m missing in W10 on the Surface.

So my question to the few of us left using Windows - what’s the best solution for easily marking up / signing PDFs ?

It would be nice to be able to edit PDFs - but not essentiall by any means.

I’ve moved to a Microsoft Surface and mostly its brilliant.

On the iPad Pro you could natively mark up PDFs from the mail app, which was very useful and something I’m missing in W10 on the Surface.

So my question to the few of us left using Windows - what’s the best solution for easily marking up / signing PDFs ?

It would be nice to be able to edit PDFs - but not essentiall by any means.

I'm probably stating the obvious so apologies if I am but I use Acrobat Pro to mark up/annotate PDF's on my work Windows computer. Pretty much any other Adobe image handling software will do the same (Illustrator, PS etc) but Acrobat Pro is my preferred option.
There are limited tools in the free Acrobat viewer such as annotations and stickies.

Andres

I agree with Andres - Just for home use I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC which has a huge 'tools' menu, more than I shall ever need, & appears to cover your requirements.

I agree with Andres - Just for home use I installed Adobe Acrobat Reader DC which has a huge 'tools' menu, more than I shall ever need, & appears to cover your requirements.

Yes I did install Reader DC but the mark up options are all subscription based ? Which I didn’t really fancy.

I'm probably stating the obvious so apologies if I am but I use Acrobat Pro to mark up/annotate PDF's on my work Windows computer. Pretty much any other Adobe image handling software will do the same (Illustrator, PS etc) but Acrobat Pro is my preferred option.
There are limited tools in the free Acrobat viewer such as annotations and stickies.

Andres

Thanks - yes acrobat Pro is an option - bit overkill for my needs and the latest version of that is subscription (annual or monthly) in Acrobat Pro DC.

I see I can buy a student version of adobe acrobat Pro 2017 (student teacher edition), neither of which I am.

Does MS Office not support this functionality?

The PDFs I’ve been annotating are mainly image based & MS word failed to open them.

I think word can open mainly text based PDF files, not sure if you can sign or mark up though ?

Back
Top Bottom