Textiles?

Boxer,
I've got the Heine Gericke Master III jacket and the Voyager trousers with zip on sallopets (dont know how to spell it) Both Goretex and both bone dry in a monsoon. Jacket really warm only two external pockets otherwise top kit and well pleased. They both zip together which really keeps the draughts out.
The jacket came out joint top in some mag test, the name of which escapes me but I am sure I will remember just after I post this.

Keep the faith :D

Rukka gets my vote too.

Got my jacket & tousers from Infinity Motorcycles - good, helpful staff and a good deal.

Had narrowed it down to Hein Gerike Voyager and Rukka - Rukka won on build quality.

The trousers zip in at the bottom as well as the top, so no poppers to bust when you put your foot into the trousers.

Also got both parts of the zip, so can bung one on my leathers and zip the jacket to that in the summer.

I'm now on my 2nd Dianese Jacket.

My first was ripped in a crash, but the armour did it's job perfectly, and I'm still using the jacket over my leathers on cold trackdays.

Pants, I reccomend M&S

I always wear leather troozars, with a thin pair of waterproof overtroozars as I feel they offer better protection.

Before I had my GS, I bought a Hein Gericke Tuareg suit. I am very pleased with it - take the lining out and undo the vent zips and it is very cool (not hot as opposed to trendy) for summer use. With the lining in it is 100% waterproof, but can still be cool and waterproof at the same time.

It isn't a full-on winter jacket - I have a Richa Eagle jacket for really cold days - but it is very versatile and perfect for the other three seasons.

Trousers are a funny low-waisted fit, and it does get grubby quickly, but that adds to the hard man overlander look (well, I think so!).

Robin.

I have only heard of praise for the BMW stuff but it comes at a price as does the Rukka. Last year I rode for 4 days of solid downpours through Europe with my Belstaff Cordura Jacket and some Cordura sallopettes and didn't get a single drop of rain coming through. I can't rate it highly enough and you oftern find them between £100 and £150

Have Fun

AndyT:cool:

I've got a Spidi H2Out jacket which so far has proven excellent although not cheap at £225.00

I do like the Hein Gericke stuff though but heard some dodgy reports on quality.

Hein Gerike Tuareg jacket the DOGSb.... but trousers too long for me ,only 5`8 so went for short leg ixs lancer 11,£149.99 exellent.

Tony:D

Also Hein Gericke Tuareg Rally Raid Goretex Jacket (with the leather inserts on elbow and shoulders) with HG Voyager Goretex trousers, Tuareg trousers are on the way. Great stuff and water resistant all the way.

A great feature of the Tuaregs is that you can put the outer jacket in the washing machine since the innerjacket has the goretex in it.
This is not the case with "Z-liner" construction textiles, where the goretex has been attached to the outerjacket and when you put that in the washing machine...well let's say the water resistance will suffer from that greatly :(

Since I daily ride my bike, it is a great feature for me to easily clean my outerjacket without a big fuss (you would be surprised how much dirt and pollution attaches to the jacket).

So I recommend them greatly (btw you also get a 5 year warranty on all HG Goretex textiles, a sign that they believe in their stuff).

spheniscidine said:
Trousers are a funny low-waisted fit, and it does get grubby quickly, but that adds to the hard man overlander look (well, I think so!).

Robin.

I'm considering buying the Tuareg trousers, I already have the jacket. What do you mean that they get easily grubby?
Due to the colors (black, white, grey) you can easily spot the dirt. Is that what you mean?
Our is the trouser problem something different then the jacket getting dirty?

I bought a Frank Thomas Gore-Tex jacket last month, since then I've ridden in worse rain than I ever did in the UK and came out as dry as a bone, been up to Mt Olympus (about 6000ft) in the snow, as snug as the proverbial bug.. IMHO, excellent value at £200
:beerjug:

Andy T said
I have only heard of praise for the BMW stuff but it comes at a price as does the Rukka.
My Rukka jacket was £200.

I splashed out for the next Rukka trousers up - £230

Both items were in a sale - if they have them in your size it's well worth a look as it was only £50 more than the HG voyager set, so not that expensive.

If you look at the Rukka brochure prices, you will have a coronary tho :D

Must admit, I DO like the look of the Toureg suit tho.

Can't quite justify having a winter and summer suit yet, will have to make do with taking the lining out of the Rukka.

Back
Top Bottom