Multi bike insurance raping time

Nutty

Reaction score
It's that time again!

It seems that all these GS thefts has had a knock on effect on insurance figures. £251 to insure the KTM, then add the GS (which is the higher risk bike :nenau), bumps it up to over £700 per year just for the 2 bikes.

I've called MCE, Bennetts, Carol Nash, The Bike Insurer, and Principal Insurance.

Any others worth trying?

Cornmarket.

Most of my bikes are significantly modified, and the underwriters not only accept all the mods - they cover them too.

Based in Belfast.

Give them a call.

Al

Cornmarket.

Most of my bikes are significantly modified, and the underwriters not only accept all the mods - they cover them too.

Based in Belfast.

Give them a call.

Al

Cheers Al, just tried them. £1200 :eek::blast

WTF are you trying to insure? 4 Ferraris?

Nope, KTM 1290S and the Rallye. I can insure the KTM for under £200 if I shop around, it's the Rallye that's causing the hike.

I could do Individual policies, but can only use my no claims on one bike, so if I use them on the KTM, the GS is even more expensive to insure.

And it's even worse the other way around, as nobody wants to insure a 160bhp bike with no no claims!

IAM Surety?

Ducati 999 and GSA for £300.

Didn't MCE quote you a low price with a massive excess?
I'm insured in that way with them and they've been the lowest (actually the only other broker to insure me) of the lot. And I'm in London.

It must be the postcode area - Camberley has succumbed to the ravages of modern life of late .......

war-torn-buildings-in-gaza.jpg

IAM Surety?

Ducati 999 and GSA for £300.

I'm not an IAM member though

Didn't MCE quote you a low price with a massive excess?
I'm insured in that way with them and they've been the lowest (actually the only other broker to insure me) of the lot. And I'm in London.

Yep, they did. Then when I added the GS, the quote went through the roof.

The current GS has gone from relatively low risk, to one of the highest risk bikes, according to three companies, due to all the thefts.:blast

Use the compare sites insure my 3 bikes for under £500

Use the compare sites insure my 3 bikes for under £500

Which comparison sites will allow multi bike, as the last ones I tried said to call to add additional bikes?

Have there been a lot of thefts (or a big increase in twoc.ing GS's) thought we may have heard about it on here if it actually is happening

Yes. Plus the latest bike is a death trap, so they're covering themselves!

Back
Top Bottom