Hello boys

There's an admin woman at work ... stuck .. completely stuck in a 1980's time warp! She wears blouses with power shoulders, has permed hair and looks like a cross between Leo Sayer and Deidre Barlow ..
Somebody needs to drag her into 2017 ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I still have slightly peculiar dreams involving Krystal Carrington. :nenau

And if The Hippy had his way we would all be sporting coiffed beards, wearing checked lumberjack shirts with turned up Japanese jeans and Doc Martens, and all be living in Shoreditch. :blast

Ummmm I think you've just described Melch to a T ...

That is indeed a good tip Twizz ....

I saw another the other day from a carpenter (I'm sure Melch knows this one ... )

You want to know half the width of something, but you measure it and it's an awkward number to halve ... So you angle the tape until the full width is an easy number, and mark half of that. so simple but genius .. !!

I've read this 3 or 4 times now & have no idea what the dickens you are talking about.

Indeed. Divide into 3 or 4 etc using the same principal.

....and you're not helping.

Dave. I'm really sorry but it appears that you are stuck with just too much "Old School".

I have a nice balance with the "Rod" because it has wrapped exhaust down pipes which makes it a "New School" bike with a "Old School" twist.

Melch may arrive soon to scoff at this synopsis but that dude has always been "Too Cool for School". :D

HTH :thumb2

Wrapped pipes....wrapped pipes ...go suck on a bar of old style red soap untill your I'll

jackass said:
Wrapped pipes....wrapped pipes ...go suck on a bar of old style red soap untill your I'll

Have you just borrowed Norman Colliers microphone? :p

I've read this 3 or 4 times now & have no idea what the dickens you are talking about.

....and you're not helping.

I could try and explain by typing out a page of text but it most likely still wouldn't make sense and I can't be arsed. I'll show you when we next meet (should you be that interested).

Ha ha .... I was thinking .... God I can't be arsed to try and explain that .. I'll let Melch do it ...

Ha ha .... I was thinking .... God I can't be arsed to try and explain that .. I'll let Melch do it ...

I was counting on you as well.

Ok......Lets say you have a piece of timber that is 137mm wide. You want to divide it into 2 equal pieces (width). Take your rule and put the '0' on one edge, then rather than keeping the rule at 90 degrees to the the timber, angle the rule until the edge reaches a number easily divisible by 2. ie 200mm. Then read off at 100mm and mark. Voila...that's your half way point. You can also divide into more equal pieces ie 3 (or any number) by using a number easily divisible by 3 (for instance.). Lets say 150mm. Now you can tick off the points at 50mm and 100mm giving you 3 equal sections.

Anyway, I have now succeeded in even boring myself to death. I'm going to bed. Ciao.

I touch the mirror......I can feel him moving, I need to train harder to connect and look out through his mirror..

jackass only lives half a mile from me now.

Shall I go and knock on his door? :D

Back
Top Bottom