East Mids. Winter Rally - 11th & 12th January 2014 ~

Ok so I have literally just walked in the door from Christmas in Switzerland. I'm going in the loft tomorrow to find my tent and other camping stuff and shall report back once found. If I'm not out by tomorrow evening can someone raise the alarm....

DC.
no prob DC,you know where the event is.if you have paid and don't turn up,we will send the search party.
unfortunatly by the time we remember you will be starting to decompose.if you don't pay ,your on your own.:D:D:D

Its not looking good for me getting the time off to come to this,if I can I probably won't know until the Friday is that to short notice?

Ok thanks will do :thumby: if I can make it I will be bringing my trailering my Husky up so it will be the off road ride for me.If its to short notice for the food side of things no problem I can fend for myself :D

So I'm quite unsure about who is coming, Mike has been handling all that, but out of interest who's pitching up on Friday night?
Will I be alone in a damp, cold field with only Mike for company? (Not for the first time) Will it be worth lighting the fire?

Thoughts.........

So I'm quite unsure about who is coming, Mike has been handling all that, but out of interest who's pitching up on Friday night?
Will I be alone in a damp, cold field with only Mike for company? (Not for the first time) Will it be worth lighting the fire?

Thoughts.........

I am hoping to be there after work on the Friday but it will be a last minute descision due to potential work commitments - should know a day or two before. If arriving on the Saturday I'll arrive nice and early, get the tent up and be ready to go and get muddy.

Andres

I am hoping to be there after work on the Friday but it will be a last minute descision due to potential work commitments - should know a day or two before. If arriving on the Saturday I'll arrive nice and early, get the tent up and be ready to go and get muddy.

Andres
We went out on the lanes a few days ago and the word muddy just don't come close. :) of course we could have a deep freeze by then.

Just spotted this thread after a looooong break from things due to illness and a housemove further south. I'm twitching to get out again on the bike for meets, but I may not be able to camp just yet (I've camped at the Dragon Rally so its not the weather).

Might pop by for a day visit to say hello (illness permitting), got the wrong tires for off-roading so I can always award points for stylish falling into the mud. My attendance is not 100% confirmed, I will see if I can pour myself into some pants :eek:

On the plus side I do now have access to a 18thc park close to the A1 if people are interested in future event venues :D

breakfast will be served @8.30 on saturday morning.
i think arkwright wants to get away on the road ride at 9.00 to 9.30
the green lane run will probably get moving for 10.00
the evening meal will be served at 6.30 to 7.00
beef casserole with mustard dumplings.plus a veggie option
lemon treacle sponge
hope this suits.:D
shout up if you are coming friday night:thumby:

Hi, I'll be coming over for the off road ride on Saturday morning. What time are you all leaving the pub ? Would it be possible to join you for breakfast? Paul

You beat me to it Mike :beerjug:

Last edited:
Hi, I'll be coming over for the off road ride on Saturday morning. What time are you all leaving the pub ? Would it be possible to join you for breakfast? Paul

You beat me to it Mike :beerjug:
anyone wanting to have breakfast/coffee prior to both rideouts is more than welcome:D
let me know and i will update tom(our host) with numbers.
hopefully the rideout leaders(duncan,ian) will read this and confirm the times i have posted are OK.
mike:thumby:

The time is perfect, I will come for breakfast, from what I can deduce the road ride looks like myself and Dave (Tuftywhite) at the moment, but that's fine! The weather is at least looking a little more promising!

I'm coming on Friday night as well.

Can't really say wether we'll be there Friday night yet - got lots of things up in the air
We may just ride over for Saturday breakfast & take it from there - if we do a run, it will be the road run though, as trailies are now in storage until I get a roof back on my garage :rolleyes:

The time is perfect, I will come for breakfast, from what I can deduce the road ride looks like myself and Dave (Tuftywhite) at the moment, but that's fine! The weather is at least looking a little more promising!

I'm coming on Friday night as well.
i think haggler is on the road ride as well

Back
Top Bottom