Another bike meet thread

stolzy

Reaction score
Same shit different venue.

Margate Meltdown this afternoon - I'm guessing 5000+ bikes, only saw 3 GSs (all 1200s).
There were 500 Harleys for every GS and far more GSX1300/1400s than GSs and at least as many Jotas.

What is it with GS riders?

I had a ride down there for a look about .... Sadly it wasn't really my bag. Lots of inline 4's bouncing off the rev limiter etc.

I was pleased to see Margate absolutely packed out on a Bank holiday weekend though, the place needs a boost.

My idea of hell .... :D

I'd have gone if I'd known it was on, not local but like to have an excuse to visit Margate as nearby is where my parents spent their retirement. Used to amuse my Mum with the 100's of bikes riding down Sea Road to get there.

I follow Thanet news on FB, but havent seen anything about it.

RBW.

I was happy doing 190 miles along some great roads in the SE....:D why would I want to go to Margate to see 5000 other bikes all parked up..:nenau

Same shit different venue.

Margate Meltdown this afternoon - I'm guessing 5000+ bikes, only saw 3 GSs (all 1200s).
There were 500 Harleys for every GS and far more GSX1300/1400s than GSs and at least as many Jotas.

What is it with GS riders?

Margate........ aaaarrrrrggggghhh! answer is pretty obvious innit? :)

Seconded...

A group of 10 or so following each other over hill & dale - yes.

Hundreds of GSers in twat-suits fitted with camelbacks in a Tesco carpark in Margate- no thanks....

D

Would be equally-cringeworthy................. :blast

Al

500 Harley's for every GS - parked up and posing on the sea front - tells you everything you need to know about the average Harley rider. :green gri

Gosh, you are a very judgemental lot aren't you?

Many ways to be a motorcyclist. I can only imagine what the Harley/Power ranger/Vintage/Homemade/Triker/Rat Bike/Retro types say about 'Adventure Bikers'

Actually, I don't need to imagine.

My main reason for going was to ride down alongside SWMBO on her 125 as it's relatively local to us. She's never been to a bike gathering like that before so was excited to be in amongst so many thousands of bikes. I knew what to expect but it was cool seeing the look on her face parking up and being part of it. Even she said though, "Now I've done it I'm not bothered about doing it again'

Still, what the feck do we know, we're just sad gits with no friends ... ;)

Gosh, you are a very judgemental lot aren't you?
Actually, I don't need to imagine.

My main reason for going was to ride down alongside SWMBO on her 125 ..........................................
Still, what the feck do we know, we're just sad gits with no friends ... ;)

Indeed :thumb2

Sod getting old if what it means is turning into a sour, judgemental old twat ...................

Andres

Indeed :thumb2

Sod getting old if what it means is turning into a sour, judgemental old twat ...................

Andres
This 'my bike is the best kind, so you must be a twat for choosing something else' seems rather juvenile to me.

I recall, that as young adolescents, we would judge people based on their choice of band/haircut/jeans/guru.

I guess most of us grow out of such childish prejudices.

This 'my bike is the best kind, so you must be a twat for choosing something else' seems rather juvenile to me.

I recall, that as young adolescents, we would judge people based on their choice of band/haircut/jeans/guru.

Ooooooh I dunno, I find that's still a fairly accurate measure of somebody ;) :D

Andres

Wind it in mate - I made no judgement on the riders, just the venue & agenda.

If you want to sit on a seafront in your leathers talking shite with other bikers - fine. It honestly doesn't appeal to me!!

I don't want to talk about adventure bikes with people either (they all look the same to me) - I just want to ride mine & enjoy it!

I don't judge people on their bikes, clothes or haircuts, I do judge them on their posts though ;)

D

Back
Top Bottom