New Africa Twin DCT

What is it with the weird plastic finish around the Honda badge on the upper fairings?

Its probably some contribution to Global Warming avoidance by using recyclable plastics. Was probably a toilet brush in previous life.

Are any of you changing the stock tyres or are they better than some people suggest? Also, what are you doing about tube tyre repairs when you encounter a puncture? My bike is getting delivered next week, gave my 14 gs back to the dealer as I couldn't resist the £70pm deal!!

Are any of you changing the stock tyres or are they better than some people suggest? Also, what are you doing about tube tyre repairs when you encounter a puncture? My bike is getting delivered next week, gave my 14 gs back to the dealer as I couldn't resist the £70pm deal!!

If they are still Dunlops then change them.

They were ok in the dry but dreadful in the wet.I fitted Conti TA2s to mine after a 2000 mile trip on the OE tyres and the difference was incredible.If I bought another,I would fit the Contis straight away.

Doing some research today on tyres.

I want some off-road 50/50 tyres.

Looking at

- Michelin Anakee Wild 3

- Continental TKC80

- Metzeler Karoo 3

But now leaning towards the Anakee Wild 3

As I fully intend to take my Africa Twin off-road. I've started the farkles list.

- Barkbusters Handguard Kit with Storm Hand Guard (as the OEM handguards are plastic and won't take a serious impact)

- Altrider Extended Skid Plate to also cover rear shock mount (as the OEM skid plate isn't big or clever enough)

- Altrider Full Crash Bar Cage System (as the OEM crash bars were not on the bike in standard trim)

- Camel Brace Footpeg Protection Plate (as the OEM is made of Alloy and can shatter on impact, leaving you with no footpeg)

- Continental TKC80 Knobby Off-Road Tyres (as the OEM tyres are not suitable)

- Constands Paddock Stand (so I can do my maintenance at home)

- Oxford Hot Grips (because even in Summer, once the rain and wind chill sets in, they can be a life saver on a long return trip home)

That's about £1,500 worth of kit just to give it a fair chance of surviving my inadequate skill level :augie

For £1500 wouldn't you just be better with something like a DRZ400 ? Serious question. I'll update bits and pieces on mine but doubt I'll take it on anything other than a fire road.

If they are still Dunlops then change them.

They were ok in the dry but dreadful in the wet.I fitted Conti TA2s to mine after a 2000 mile trip on the OE tyres and the difference was incredible.If I bought another,I would fit the Contis straight away.

+1

I didn't ride one mile on the Dunlops, got the dealer to swap onto TA2s for no charge.

For £1500 wouldn't you just be better with something like a DRZ400 ? Serious question. I'll update bits and pieces on mine but doubt I'll take it on anything other than a fire road.

Nah, I like the Africa Twin. See how I get on with that.

What farkles have you got planned steve !

Believe it or not , its staying standard!! im just going to ride it, i absolutely love it mate, did 100mls on it today, love the manual shifters, 'D' is shite S11 Seemed to suit me..feathering the front brake or rear in traffic while still on a bit of throttle smooths the ride as it can get jerky, to ride it smooth it takes a bit of input which i like, surprisingly quick as well

oh! i smashed the R/H Mirror before i even sat on it...anybody got one spare:blast

Sport 2 for me as well!! down shifting with my finger engine is so smooth i haven't gone for the clutch at all. Might try and get some adjustable foot pegs if i can find any as im 6ft 1 and my knees could do with an extra inch.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Sport 2 for me as well!! down shifting with my finger engine is so smooth i haven't gone for the clutch at all. Might try and get some adjustable foot pegs if i can find any as im 6ft 1 and my knees could do with an extra inch.

S2 here with manual overide.

I've not gone for the clutch lever yet. Using quickshifters in past have weened me off them.

But, I have gone for the gear shift lever 3 or 4 times while heading towards a fast corner. Mash down the box, but nothing there haha. Doh, press the button instead.

Ouch, how did that happen?

it was 2 minuites old:blast tried to get on a paddock stand and it toppled slightly and clipped the garage wall..did a bit of digging and it looks like a few models share the same mirror

I fitted pirelli Scorpion Rally str tyres on my GS LC quite recently and found them fantastic so would opt for those. Playing with the idea of doing an outex conversion as I've never had to change in inertube on the side of the road before and don't fancy doing it either..

http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~outex/tubelesskitWMMT.htm

it was 2 minuites old:blast tried to get on a paddock stand and it toppled slightly and clipped the garage wall..did a bit of digging and it looks like a few models share the same mirror

I've dropped every single bike I own. Except one... the ZZR1400 Performance Sport (as it was just all very expensive fairings), I'd have had to throw myself under that bike!

So my Africa Twin will be dropped or thrown down the road at some point. Doing lots of miles, long days, just get tired and make stupid mistakes. Down they go, 99% static drops while stationary or very slow speed drops.

Ok heres a numpty question im used to the electronic suspension of thd GSA! How do i get the suspension set up for my weight I'm 14 stone and not sure how to adjust it. Is it clockwise on the rear to stiffen it up? I haven't got a clue how to adjust the front the standard setting feels okish but would be nice if i can have a play to get it right. I know i should read the manual but im a lazy fecker and i know you guys know better from experience. Any help would be appreciated.

Ok heres a numpty question im used to the electronic suspension of thd GSA! How do i get the suspension set up for my weight I'm 14 stone and not sure how to adjust it. Is it clockwise on the rear to stiffen it up? I haven't got a clue how to adjust the front the standard setting feels okish but would be nice if i can have a play to get it right. I know i should read the manual but im a lazy fecker and i know you guys know better from experience. Any help would be appreciated.

Read the fucking manual

Every bike has its differences

How do you know it's set standard?

Somebody may have fiddled with it at pdi

You need to read what is the standard position & then back it off all the way and then count back to standard & then go for a ride

Read again and the adjust

Also 'stiffer' isn't necessarily better as you may be bumped out of the seat

Compliant is best and you may need a heavier weight spring as you may be over the weight of the spring weight range - especially with luggage

If you don't know what you are doing - then step away from the bike and let someone who knows do it

Once again

Read the fucking manual

Thanks jb!! i knew i could rely on you gor the answer.

Back
Top Bottom