TFT screen and Bluetooth

Yes it shows up as that
That good or bad?!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine shows as BMW_IKOMBI_98C9, I’m having numerous issues with the TFT including connectivity, SOS faults and the on board bike data constantly freezing.

It’s back to the dealer to sort but this is the 3rd time now so not exactly confident of a successful resolution.

Not sure what recourse I have if this continues but will be seeking advice on what next steps to take

Mine shows as BMW_IKOMBI_98C9, I’m having numerous issues with the TFT including connectivity, SOS faults and the on board bike data constantly freezing.

It’s back to the dealer to sort but this is the 3rd time now so not exactly confident of a successful resolution.

Not sure what recourse I have if this continues but will be seeking advice on what next steps to take

Isn't that the bluetooth name pre-update??

Picked my new GS up last Thursday, today had it's 600 mile service and it has to go back as apparently the TFT software needs updating. I'm sure there's a reason why it wasn't part of the PDI, like 6 days ago. Perhaps they just like my company

That really is completely ridiculous isn't it.... All these dealers think that people have nothing better to do with their time 🤬

Just like my experience with Guy Salmon last night regarding my Land Rover.....

Rant over!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My SOS thingy started complaining and the telephone contact book continually updates, but is blank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Only had the bike and screen two days so only had a quick try and connecting things. My F4MC connects, as does my Android phone, so tried controlling music from the wheel. I can select the music, and set it to play, looking at the phone the music has started and both the TFT and phone are reporting the track that's playing. I can stop and start the music, the only problem is I can't hear it through the headset! I haven't figured out how to connect the NAV V yet.

Bob

A quick update - I updated the software on my Interphone F4MC today and everything now works fine with the Interphone, TFT, and phone, I can make and receive calls, listen to music, and use the navigation app on the phone. Can't connect to Nav V simultaneously, I'll need a more modern Bluetooth head set, with another channel for that.

Bob

A quick update - I updated the software on my Interphone F4MC today and everything now works fine with the Interphone, TFT, and phone, I can make and receive calls, listen to music, and use the navigation app on the phone. Can't connect to Nav V simultaneously, I'll need a more modern Bluetooth head set, with another channel for that.

Bob

Hi Bob, how did you update your Interphone?

You Should have a lead that has a usb plug on one end, and a plastic plug on the other that looks a little bit like a USB plug which fits into the back of the Interphone when you remove the plug for the speakers/mic.
You also need the software that check for updates which you should be able to down load from the Interphone site. Once you run the program it will check the software on you interphone, check online for an update, and if there is one, give you to option to download and install it.

Hope that helps,

Bob

OK, having finally trudged thro all 16 pages, I'm now in a position to add my 2 penny worth and ask for your opinions.

I have a;

1) 2018 model GSA bought late last year.
2) TFT Screen showing version 001_011_081
3) iPhone 8
4) Interphone F5MC (not updated for yonks)

My experience. TFT will pair to phone and then when I go to look at the phone function it is greyed out and will not allow any access whatsoever and tells me that its because there is no headset connected.

OK, switch back to settings and go to connect helmet One. The TFT instantly recognises that I have a F5MC.

Switch F5MC to pairing mode and it asks whether I want 'Intercom' or 'Anycom'. so I try Anycom pair first. WON'T PAIR!

Switch it off and this time go to Intercom pair. Still WON'T PAIR!!

So, when I get home later Ill try and update the F5MC but I seem to remember someone somewhere saying (and I hope I'm wrong) that this cannot be done on an MacBook!!!

Any/All suggestions greatly appreciated?

Switch F5MC to pairing mode and it asks whether I want 'Intercom' or 'Anycom'. so I try Anycom pair first. WON'T PAIR!

Switch it off and this time go to Intercom pair. Still WON'T PAIR!!

I have an F4MC, but I thought the menu settings were the same. On mine when I go into set up I don't get a choice of Intercom or Anycom when I go into pairing mode. As I scroll through the options I get options to do an "Anycom Search", followed by an "Intercom Device Search". The next option is "Pairing Mode", when I go into this mode it says "From phones Bluetooth menu, search for devices, and select Interphone", this mode is for connecting either a phone or a GPS device.
It sounds like your menu options may be different or you've not gone to the correct menu option.

One word of warning, since updating the software it seems I have lost the ability to hear sound from a BMW Nav V when playing music, I suspect the A2DP driver in the new software is not compatible with the Nav V, it appears to connect to the Nav V OK and I can start the music I just can't hear it! I can still hear camera warnings and Sat Nav instructions though (I don't think these use A2DP).

Cheers

Bob

I have software version - 001_018_040 initially i had the creeping full guage showing a range of about 190 miles but after the first full tank its now up to 240 miles.

I'm not having any issues with connection I have the following setup -

Sena headset connected on channel 1 to the TFT device
Samsung Galaxy S9 connected to the TFT device with the BMW Connected APP
Sena headset connnected on channel 2 to the Nav device

As long as I remember to open up the Connected app before enabling bluetooth all is good it even handles me switching off the headset and reconnecting. The only thing i can't seem to get working is Music via the TFT Display I'm wondering if it has to be a particular format.

Top tip make sure you set the destination to be external (sd card) on your phone to stop the Maps taking up space!

Regards,

Warren.

It seems that the helmet as a hub appears to work. I have, nav 6 to SENA in helmet, iPhone 8 to SENA, TFT to SENA. As long as I power up the helmet before switching on the bike all seems to work together. However, that was today. Tomorrow may be a fuck up and nothing will pair at all. We’ll see.

FFS it should not be this bloody difficult,!!

As long as I remember to open up the Connected app before enabling bluetooth all is good it even handles me switching off the headset and reconnecting. The only thing i can't seem to get working is Music via the TFT Display I'm wondering if it has to be a particular format.

Top tip make sure you set the destination to be external (sd card) on your phone to stop the Maps taking up space!

Regards,

Warren.

Does the Connected App do anything meaningful then? I just thought it was a (fairly clunky) way of recording routes etc, and (just like the BMW one I have for my car) it seemed to be an app without any real reason other than to shorten your battery life. I tried it once and then deleted it. Perhaps I should persevere?

Does the Connected App do anything meaningful then?

No!

Especially if you have a NAV. The routes recording can only be viewed inside of the app, there doesn't seem to be any way that to export as a .gpx or to use as a navigation route in case you'd want to redo the same trace. The turn by turn navigation and spoken instructions is good enough in a pinch but rendered completely moot if you have a NAV or a Phone with mount.

Back
Top Bottom