Ireland - Four Corners April 2010

Chaz

Reaction score
Well here it is everyone…better late than never!! :D

This is the second in the series of the Four Corner trips, we visited the North, South, East and West of Scotland last year (click on the link to see for yourselves):

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186349

This year it is Ireland’s turn to be explored and discovered by a bunch of tossers.:bounce1:bounce1:bounce1

The trip will take place between the 24th of April 2010 and the 2nd May 2010. We will use Saturday the 24th to rendezvous with those who want to meet up and to travel over to Belfast, from there on the Sunday we will set off on a 7 day camping trip of approximately 1400 miles where we will visit and stay in places such as Galway, Donegall, Dingle and Ballycastle to name but a few.
We will travel to the four corners of the Emerald Isle’s mainland and see some amazing sights like the Giant’s Causway and the Carrick-a-rede rope bridge. :eek:
All going well we should all return safely back in Belfast the following Saturday. This should give everyone the Sunday to travel back home (after recovering from a hangover:blast) before work on Monday!!

That’s the plot.:cool:

Same crack as last time, sponsors for charity, we managed to raise approx £1300 for SOS Children’s Villages last year which is a very worthy cause and so it would be nice to do similar this time around! I have collected for this charity a few times now and donate via my mate Charlie Limon who runs SOS Adventures and is affiliated with the charity.
Sponsor sheets will be forwarded to the confirmed list of riders nearer the time.

Anyways, if you’re interested get yer names doon:). Where I don’t have a fixed number in my head I most certainly won’t be taking anymore than I did last year and would probably be happier taking quite a few less to be honest.:thumb

The Tit Clause.:toungincheek
Last year about 20 of us that went around Scotland, and although most were decent there is always one tit! It makes it harder for the person organising these trips aka me when you get someone moaning all the time and not carrying their own weight (or paying their own bills).
Please remember that this is an open invite trip and not a crèche, although it’s a nice thought that we are all there to help one another out on the trip it is always good to remember that ultimately if you are big, bad and responsible enough to come on this trip then you are equally as responsible to make sure you try not to spoil it for others!
In short, be ready to leave when everyone else is leaving (unless you are happy to rendezvous with everyone else later), pay your own bills (campsite and bar bills inparticular), and never….never nick anyone else’s carry oot!

These points may seem like common sense to most….cause they are….but as I have said before….there is always one tit!!!:augie

That said, always to remember to have fun ; )

why not delay for a week or so and do the NW200 road races at Portrush ???

Good atmosphere

Hey Jaythro,

I am a fan of the NW200 and equally of the IOM TT, but there are good reasons for avoiding those particular dates on this trip....time constraints for one.
Think we'll stick with the dates we have. Thanks anyway :thumb

:thumb it will be nice to see you again lads..... but only on some stage of the trip i think :( lookking forward to go to Marocco finally.

Hey Jaythro,

I am a fan of the NW200 and equally of the IOM TT, but there are good reasons for avoiding those particular dates on this trip....time constraints for one.
Think we'll stick with the dates we have. Thanks anyway :thumb

No Worries M8 Best behave Speed wise for the fortnight before as Plods aerials all seem to twitch violently around that month 2 weeks before race day and 2 weeks after :aidan :aidan :aidan

count me in chaz mate will hopefully be on new bike by then we shall see what happens. can't book my holidays till closer to the time so watch this space:aidan:aidan:aidan:aidan:beer::beer::beer:

I'd like to meet up with you lads for part of your trip. Wouldn't be able to do the full seven days due to work but Two to three days should be do able. :aidan

Hi Chaz - no barge crossings this time round :augie - if so count me in :thumb

Ha Ha Ha...no barge crossing......yet:D But i'm told that ferry from Troon is a bit dodgy sometimes:eek:

I'll stick up a list for names in a separate thread which can be confirmed later

:thumb it will be nice to see you again lads..... but only on some stage of the trip i think :( lookking forward to go to Marocco finally.

It would be good to see you again Martas....i'll try not to crash into you this time:D:D:D

Chaz,
I'm yer man. Sounds a great idea.:clap Retired noo so I'll have to start saving, especially considering I'm committed already for my annual pilgrimage to the NW200:beer::tarka. Might have to hang around Portrush to save on ferry fares.

Chaz,
I'm yer man. Sounds a great idea.:clap Retired noo so I'll have to start saving, especially considering I'm committed already for my annual pilgrimage to the NW200:beer::tarka. Might have to hang around Portrush to save on ferry fares.

It'll be good to see you mate....starting to look like a reunion:)

You might have to sell one of your bikes now your retired:augie

Sounds absolutely fantastic Chaz :D:bounce1:clap:bow ........ I'm in for sure !
I know we are a fair distance apart but just let me know if I can help you in any way with the :type planning / :blagblah organisation etc:thumb.

Andy .......AKA.......The Daz doorstep challenge.:aidan

please tell Kev to make sure he brings some oil :augie(LOL)

Sounds absolutely fantastic Chaz :D:bounce1:clap:bow ........ I'm in for sure !
I know we are a fair distance apart but just let me know if I can help you in any way with the :type planning / :blagblah organisation etc:thumb.

Andy .......AKA.......The Daz doorstep challenge.:aidan

please tell Kev to make sure he brings some oil :augie(LOL)

Ha ha.....aye Kev....bring some oil!

Great to have you Andy, might take you up on a little organising help:thumb

Count me in :)

chas

How could i miss this :thumb2:beerjug:

I might even be a bit more organised this time :)
(and i `ll try not to drop a pannier :)

see you all in April !!

Dave

Back
Top Bottom