Anyone had an indicator switch go on a GS (Solution)

ooops spoke too soon. What kind of switch do they call them in tech jargon cos cpc dont seem to have them any more.?

ooops spoke too soon. What kind of switch do they call them in tech jargon cos cpc dont seem to have them any more.?

The CPC part number was SW01809. No Longer available I'm afraid.

C&K (in the US) seem to manufacture these switches and list part number C & K - K12CBK15N - Tactile Switch. Link here.

Newark (in the US) give a part number K12C 1 5N which is the C&C switch. Link here.

My daughter lives in San Francisco so I'm thinking of buying some, having them sent to her then collecting them when I'm over there in June and bringing them home. :thumb2

BSD ordered a batch a few years ago and if memory serves they cost £12 delivered here, but hopefully I could beat that if my plan works.

If you have no luck getting sorted Jigweed I think I might have a spare one here in the shed and we should be able to get you sorted. :)

Thanks so much Aidan you're a star. Ill endeavor to source them myself as neither of mine are working at the moment so can't wait til June. I would thoroughly recommend going into business though on these cos they're in demand it seems. Thanks again.

Hi Aidan,
I have been trying to source these from europe but so far to no avail so i wonder what the timescale would be were i to order some through you? Thanks Duncan

Just wondered if you might be able to get them sent to your daughter earlier and she post them to uk. But if that's not possible i understand. Cheers

I had a similar problem and it was simply corrosion on the contacts on in the switch, same with my heated grips, I took the switch apart cleaned with fine wet and dry paper, and put it back together and they both work fine, its a bit fiddly but not difficult.

THanks Bowser, believe me i have seen the guts of these things a good few times now and cleaned and precisely reshaped the tiny connectors but i think they are seriously shot now. The rubber boots were both perished and i think thats the only protection they have. I also get wet a lot so it all adds up to nasty conditions for a poor microswitch. But thanks for your input. Dunk

I might have found some in the uk. Its a bit difficult to see properly cos of the rubber boot covering the actual switch but the part number seems the same. What do you think?

What a Dork. The part i have found is here. Forget to add the link didn't I. Anyway i've ordered a few, they're not in stock at the moment but should be getting some in soon.

The CPC part number was SW01809. No Longer available I'm afraid.

C&K (in the US) seem to manufacture these switches and list part number C & K - K12CBK15N - Tactile Switch. Link here.

Newark (in the US) give a part number K12C 1 5N which is the C&C switch. Link here.

My daughter lives in San Francisco so I'm thinking of buying some, having them sent to her then collecting them when I'm over there in June and bringing them home. :thumb2

BSD ordered a batch a few years ago and if memory serves they cost £12 delivered here, but hopefully I could beat that if my plan works.

If you have no luck getting sorted Jigweed I think I might have a spare one here in the shed and we should be able to get you sorted. :)

if you come across the switches aiden,keep one for me,sprayin it wit wd~40 wont last forever:D

What a Dork. The part i have found is here. Forget to add the link didn't I. Anyway i've ordered a few, they're not in stock at the moment but should be getting some in soon.

How many have you ordered, minimum quantity seems to be six? I'll take a couple of you if you've any spare :thumb
Andy.

How many have you ordered, minimum quantity seems to be six? I'll take a couple of you if you've any spare :thumb
Andy.
I've ordered the six, they haven't let me know when they are due but i may have a couple spare, i'll let you know when i get. I ordered 6. Cheers

Bare in mind the horn and indicator cancel use different strength. The ABS one has a built in light and two are rocker versions. Seems pretty easy to get the fragile covers off if soaked in oil for a bit.

I got a control from a 1200C (I think) and ripped the switches from it. Cost £10. :thumb2

Just got my delivery of the switches from Farnell. They are the correct ones although they come attached to a little pcb which is easily removed to reveal the contacts. They seem a better design to me and were pretty easy to install with a bit of fiddling and a careful bit of soldering. So it would seem that if you order from Farnell they are in stock!

Hi jigweed,

I'm just trying to order some from farnell but they have a £20 minimum spend and only 3 swtiches left in stock. You said you'd ordered 6 and might have some spares... If so, could I get one of those spares from you to save me having to order some (probably useless) rubbish just to make up the £20?

Cheers - Adam...

Hi jigweed,

I'm just trying to order some from farnell but they have a £20 minimum spend and only 3 swtiches left in stock. You said you'd ordered 6 and might have some spares... If so, could I get one of those spares from you to save me having to order some (probably useless) rubbish just to make up the £20?

Cheers - Adam...

If you buy the 3, I'll take 2 off you if that helps?
Andy.

Hi Andy,

In the end I managed to fix the switch in situ - it was a little fiddly, but otherwise not very taxing once I'd got the switchgear itself apart. The switch unit itself just pulls apart and pops back together again; careful cleaning of the surfaces of the contact points and bending them together followed by reassembly seems to have fixed the problem. I greased the seals in the hope that this will keep the water out for a while.

I've already ordered 2 plus some batteries, but I think I'll hang on to those as spares in the expectation that my fix will only be temporary.

Cheers - Adam...

Back
Top Bottom