Aftermarket Screen advice...

RugbyPod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have searched and researched extensively, but cant find anything on my specific queries.

Has anyone purchased or used the NN Super High Wide Screen?

Is it recommended? Is there anything else (such as the Givi) that is better/more suited?

I'm 6ft 2in and am looking for a real world idea of what further protection it provides and what issues there are with it (views reduced, etc). I commute 122 (soon to be 130) miles round trip through some country lanes and mostly motorways.

I've tried the standard screen in all positions and just get a little too much wind in the face/helmet area.

I'm looking at installing the wingless as well, but am a little worried about drilling the plastic.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and/or massive amounts of 'sledging'.

Peter

Also, how is the original screen measured in height? Is it from the base of the lights parallel to where the screen wraps around or from the top of the lights to the top of the screen?

Is this the same way that the NN screen would be measured?

What bike?

On the TC the givi transformed the ride for both rider and pillion

Note - what works for one may not work for another. The purchasing to find the right one for you can be expensive and you may not even find the right one!

Note - what works for one may not work for another. The purchasing to find the right one for you can be expensive and you may not even find the right one!

I know what you mean, I'v had the same quandary with other bikes. I was hoping that maybe someone of a similar size to me, may provide a slightly better or more accurate comparison.

Tried several . Gone back to original and reckon it's as good as any . Mind you everyone else will disagree .

get the z tecknic high screen and put the BOLT on mra xcreen as well the best set up on my hexheads and i tried them all (expensively) trust me,got an l/c now and guess what wunderlich high screen with an mra xcreen

If it helps I am also 6 foot 2, single the second screen is about 3/4 up with no vibrations but 2 up I need to put it to an inch of its max and there are some vibration at slower speeds - but its a cast improvement on the standard which for the pillion resulted in a rag doll situation as she is 5-10

get the z tecknic high screen and put the BOLT on mra xcreen as well the best set up on my hexheads and i tried them all (expensively) trust me,got an l/c now and guess what wunderlich high screen with an mra xcreen

Thanks autogs,

I've read about the MRA x add on elsewhere as well. Plus I used to have one on my Deauville. I struggled to find the sweet spot for buffeting. Maybe it will be different on the GS.

If it helps I am also 6 foot 2, single the second screen is about 3/4 up with no vibrations but 2 up I need to put it to an inch of its max and there are some vibration at slower speeds - but its a cast improvement on the standard which for the pillion resulted in a rag doll situation as she is 5-10

Thanks rossman999,

Is that the Nippy Normans SuperHigh screen? My pillion is also 5ft 10, so interesting info.

Report back how it fairs, I'm 6'6. And have just got the screen in the best position with an E1 lid. Not all the way up, GSA screen.

I'm comfy at 80 as long as there isn't a white van man in front.

But with a head wind I want more protection, does a bigger screen actually ever give this?

R1200GSA TB

Report back how it fairs, I'm 6'6. And have just got the screen in the best position with an E1 lid. Not all the way up, GSA screen.

I'm comfy at 80 as long as there isn't a white van man in front.

But with a head wind I want more protection, does a bigger screen actually ever give this?

R1200GSA TB

W-w, I'll be sure to. I've got a C3 Pro, but don't find it any quieter than other lids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Finally got the NN super high/wide screen yesterday.

Fitting was trickier than I thought, as the nuts behind the original screen are fiddly to get to (fairly straight forward with right sockets/spanners, etc, but just unexpected from previous screen experience on other makes).

Taking my first ride today, but first impressions are that when I'm sat on the bike (standard seat hight), I look through the screen in the highest position. I'm 6' 2", so have taken it to it's lowest setting for my first ride today. I now look slightly over the top of it and it doesn't interfere with my Garmin Zumo 590LM in either highest or lowest position.

Long commute today (130 mile round trip), so will feed back later on comfort, movement, etc.

Also fitted the NN grip buddies, so hopefully they will improve grip comfort :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm 6ft 1in and ride a 2010 GS. After a few years of constant buffering and wind noise, I decided to look into getting a different screen. After much research, on here and other sites, I eventually opted for the Givi AF330 screen. What a transformation. Buffering has considerably reduced to such an extent that I spend most of my riding time with my visor up, even at the higher speeds. I would recommend the Givi without hesitation.

I've had X-creen extenders, and a few different screens... now I'm on a standard screened 2010 GSA.... and just ordered a sheet of 2mm acrylic 300mm x 100mm... and I'm going to make a spoiler out of that.... total cost will be £3 :) Hoping it doesn't look shit, but function over form eh :D

I'm 6ft 1in and ride a 2010 GS. After a few years of constant buffering and wind noise, I decided to look into getting a different screen. After much research, on here and other sites, I eventually opted for the Givi AF330 screen. What a transformation. Buffering has considerably reduced to such an extent that I spend most of my riding time with my visor up, even at the higher speeds. I would recommend the Givi without hesitation.

Someone else mentioned the Givi, but for the price I opted for the NN SUPER HIGH WIDE SCREEN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had X-creen extenders, and a few different screens... now I'm on a standard screened 2010 GSA.... and just ordered a sheet of 2mm acrylic 300mm x 100mm... and I'm going to make a spoiler out of that.... total cost will be £3 :) Hoping it doesn't look shit, but function over form eh :D

Form over function indeed. You'll have to post how you get on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom