More speed camera vans in N Yorks

Deleted account Cooperman

Reaction score
The number of speed camera vans on North Yorkshire's roads is to be doubled, the county's police force has announced.
North Yorkshire Police has invested in a new fleet of six smaller micro-camera vans which will be able to go into villages and more built-up areas.
They'll be added to the six transit-sized vans already in the force's mobile speedcam fleet.
Chief Constable Dave Jones says the new vans mean drivers are likely to be caught on camera in areas they didn't previously expect:

Love the way they still insist in referring to them as ' MOBILE SAFETY CAMERAS ', it is utter bollocks if they were the mobile camera vans would be outside schools at start and finishing times or on/near dangerous junctions, or parked up in town centres at 11.30 at night to catch the boy racers.

There is a 30 mph site local to us where the vans are regularly placed due to 3 fatal accidents, van is there during the working day yet all of the fatals have occured during the night when pissed drivers have left the road and hit the trees.

We were unfortunate enough to have to share an office with camera enforcement (luckily for a very short time ) and it was all about facts and figures and f@ck all to do with road safety

Love the way they still insist in referring to them as ' MOBILE SAFETY CAMERAS ', it is utter bollocks if they were the mobile camera vans would be outside schools at start and finishing times or on/near dangerous junctions, or parked up in town centres at 11.30 at night to catch the boy racers.

There is a 30 mph site local to us where the vans are regularly placed due to 3 fatal accidents, van is there during the working day yet all of the fatals have occured during the night when pissed drivers have left the road and hit the trees.

We were unfortunate enough to have to share an office with camera enforcement (luckily for a very short time ) and it was all about facts and figures and f@ck all to do with road safety

On the plus side, they hit trees instead of oncoming traffic. Providing they didn't have passengers with them, it's Darwin at work.

On the plus side, they hit trees instead of oncoming traffic. Providing they didn't have passengers with them, it's Darwin at work.

That there Darwin bloke needs to be reined in, he's causing havoc..:)

Had a look at the data in a bit more detail.

I used 2016 from April to the end of September (biker season).

The A19, A168 and A64 are ignored, the equivalent of fishing in a bucket.

Sherburn is in out of interest.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-13%20at%2011.10.37_zps2vpogcww.png

I live in the Dales, and have got used to them being around now. They're such a common sight it seems the only way to avoid getting zapped by one is not to exceed the limit.

The number of speed camera vans on North Yorkshire's roads is to be doubled, the county's police force has announced.
North Yorkshire Police has invested in a new fleet of six smaller micro-camera vans which will be able to go into villages and more built-up areas.
They'll be added to the six transit-sized vans already in the force's mobile speedcam fleet.
Chief Constable Dave Jones says the new vans mean drivers are likely to be caught on camera in areas they didn't previously expect:

nothing to do with the speeding fine changes that are about to be introduced and the increased revenue this will generate??? :mad:

Had a look at the data in a bit more detail.

I used 2016 from April to the end of September (biker season).

The A19, A168 and A64 are ignored, the equivalent of fishing in a bucket.

Sherburn is in out of interest.

Screen%20Shot%202017-04-13%20at%2011.10.37_zps2vpogcww.png

I think it is referring to sherburn on the A64 and not sherburn in elmet.

Its just not fair. Folk should be allowed to break the laws that they dont agree with. Im going to write a sternly worded letter to the law ombudsman :mad:

Anyone know his address?

Its just not fair. Folk should be allowed to break the laws that they dont agree with. Im going to write a sternly worded letter to the law ombudsman :mad:

Anyone know his address?

All those scumbags steeling motorcycles in London are allowed to get away with their crimes and the police won't even chase after them. It seems the police are selective about which 'criminals' they decide should be caught and punished and those who should be allowed to continue doing as they please.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel that the police choose to punish those who are likely to have had their bike stolen and to do very little to catch and stop the real law breaking scumbags doing it over and over again.

Its just not fair. Folk should be allowed to break the laws that they don't agree with.

I'm sure I'm not the only one to feel that the police choose to punish those who are likely to have had their bike stolen and to do very little to catch and stop the real law breaking scumbags

And there we have our proof, And it only took 56 mins

My God i'm good :)

Have to agree with Brut33. They are not SAFETY cameras, they are fund raising cameras, nearly always placed carefully (sneakily hidden and disguised) to catch and fine rather than deter and inform. There are rarely, if at all, placed near schools, accident black spots etc, rather more often on nice stretches of road, or at the bottom of a hill where you may have picked up a bit of speed.
I was nabbed on the Easingwold bypass at 7:50 on a Saturday morning... a three mile stretch of clear good visibility road, the only vehicle moving on it was me, the only other vehicle in site was a white (unmarked) van in the layby. 66 in a 60.... not sure just how much safety was addressed on that bright clear wide very low traffic no pedestrian road that morning.... but I did the crime so paid my fine.
Perhaps a bright well marked van with a blue light on top would have deterred me, but they have learned that deterrence raises no fines....
.... the cynicism of calling them safety cameras wrankles with me.
New police approach all about money. Filming and fining does obviously not stop it or they would not have invested in more vans.
Car gets nicked, you get an incident number, house burgled, you get an incident number. Costs too much to deal with that sort of crime but where there is money to be made from a crime...

Rant over.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom