Autocom Pro-7-Sport

littleredrooster

Reaction score
Hi chaps.

I have just aquired an Autocom Pro-7-Sport which didn't come with a manual. Can you help with a quick query please: When you disconnect the headset from the 7-pin socket, does this turn the unit off? i.e. can I wire it direct to the battery, or do I have to find a switched supply? Which is the best switched supply to use on a 1200?

Ta muchly!

Hi chaps.

I have just aquired an Autocom Pro-7-Sport which didn't come with a manual. Can you help with a quick query please: When you disconnect the headset from the 7-pin socket, does this turn the unit off? i.e. can I wire it direct to the battery, or do I have to find a switched supply? Which is the best switched supply to use on a 1200?

Ta muchly!

If the Pro was used as a portable system running on 9v when the riders headset is plugged into the longest lead the system turns on, once disconnected the power is turned off.

If the Pro is fully bike powered the power is taken from a switched power source to turn the system on or off. If you wire direct to the bikes battery the system will always be live leading to a flat battery.

As Timpo has given you the link if you go on our web site and look under brochures and product support and scroll down a bit you will be able to download a PDF of the Pro-7 instructions

Rich

If the Pro was used as a portable system running on 9v when the riders headset is plugged into the longest lead the system turns on, once disconnected the power is turned off.

If the Pro is fully bike powered the power is taken from a switched power source to turn the system on or off. If you wire direct to the bikes battery the system will always be live leading to a flat battery.

As Timpo has given you the link if you go on our web site and look under brochures and product support and scroll down a bit you will be able to download a PDF of the Pro-7 instructions

Rich

Thanks, Rich. I downloaded it last night and read through the details. Didn't realise it was a battery-powered system; good job I didn't just connect it to the battery with the red/black lead which comes out of it!

I may be having a ride down to the factory to buy the necessary extras I need shortly....... :)

...but the manual says that another part is needed to connect it to the battery. The lead (if I am reading it correctly) is only for a 9V connection?

The lead is definitely for a 12V connection - but don't ask me why. I had just such a lead on my Pro M-1.

Right the chaps, the Pro-7 or Pro M1 can run on a 9v battery via a different connection so the Pro's could of been used as portable systems i.e. kept in a tank bag, on person or in a bumbag etc.

Or the Pro can be bike powered via a Part 1536 that will replace the 9v battery clip and run from a switched 12v from the bike. Or with our Parts 1537 and 1538 is the user is still wanting a bike powered system but kept in a tank bag etc.

Rich :beerjug:

Right the chaps, the Pro-7 or Pro M1 can run on a 9v battery via a different connection so the Pro's could of been used as portable systems i.e. kept in a tank bag, on person or in a bumbag etc.

Or the Pro can be bike powered via a Part 1536 that will replace the 9v battery clip and run from a switched 12v from the bike. Or with our Parts 1537 and 1538 is the user is still wanting a bike powered system but kept in a tank bag etc.

Rich :beerjug:

Ahhh....so this lead must be the battery connection, then 'cos there's no 9V battery clip.

Does Autocom have a retail desk in Leamington? I might be visiting shortly.... :)

Back
Top Bottom