Unbreakable mirrors.........

Deleted account 211025001

Reaction score
.........well almost :thumb2

I thought this may be of interest to a few on here..........

Having looked at the various options out there for bendy/rotating/swivelling mirrors I actually wasn't that impressed with any them and they are fairly expensive so after having a ganders on eBay I ended up with a pair of plastic cycle mirrors which are made of pretty soft plastic. Nothing's unbreakable but these must be as close as it gets.

The only problem was the mounting clamps which are for narrow cycle bars, not Rental Fat Bars :D

Drill two holes, cut in half and fasten the holes together with a zip tie and low and behold they now fit

They mount nicely inboard out of the way of the ground :D

and 'cos the plastic mirrors are convex they give a very good view of what's behind you

oh, and did I mention that they cost £4.40 for the pair :thumb2

Andres

Those oe mirrors were not the best part of of the Husky.

Hooge is one word to describe them ;)

Hey John, I've literally just walked in from getting her all back together after her full strip and fettle. Started first press of the button and is as shiny as a shiny thing :)
I'm using and looking after her for you and she's now all ready for this years Taffy Dakar in May :beerjug:

Andres

I still think she's a very pretty bike, love the lines, love the red topped engine, the new can is an improvement, and you look after way better than I did.:clap

PS the gs is having a little tidy up this spring, powder coating the engine cover, refurbed shocks, new handlebars, and fingers crossed a secondhand abs unit.

Oh bollox, not the ABS!
Are you not tempted to just remove it?

Andres
Don't think it would be a good idea Andres, I've become lazy and tend to rely too much on the front. My local guy has brought a secondhand unit so with luck we can fix it without spending approx 2K at BMW.

I don't like the big white slab of nothing on the side panel,luckily there is a solution :thumby: I have to keep telling myself I don't use my 2nd bike enough to warrant a change :(

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 189
I've got Powermadd folding mirrors on my Dakar and have bought some for my 690. They're more than good enough for the road and are really flexible. They fold out of the way if required but I leave them where they are and they've survived plenty of offs.

Crap photo of them.

c00cdd30-758f-4943-93af-7c8dd1267d81_zps01c7c3c0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom