A Drink out.

Den

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As an alternative to Klanky and Garfields ride out, I am planning a Drink out.

Starting out at around 11am from the hotel bar, we will proceed south, down excellent narrow pavements to (probably) the Arch Bar, where the the first round will be quaffed.
From there, we head east. Remembering that it is Saturday, so you are liable to meet tourists coming the other way. Those who are of a more rotund figure should walk in line and leave plenty stopping distance just in case we encounter a twin buggy or electric scooter and have to stop quickly.

Along this way we will come across ( and enter) The Caledonian hotel. I have never travelled this route before, so have no idea what Im talking about, but hey, we are adventure blokes, and thats what we do.
Note to loud english folk. The locals may scoff at a deliberate raising of the voice in your accent. Please make allowances and respect the indigenous population.

After the Cally, we veer whichever way it is to the Ferryboat inn.
We will be using the 'drop off' system so nobody gets lost. If a particularly tricky junction is reached. The second in line will wait till the last drunk staggers past. Ignoring the tail end charlie, who will be unaware of anything by this time.

After the Ferryboat Inn, participants are free to leave the group and find their own way back to the hotel or campsite, using the directions provided by the local fluesy who will be hanging from their right arm, or continue in an ad-hoc manner till oblivion or the hotel is reached

Anybody stopping for chips will not be waited on and will have to follow their noses to the next stop.

Remember ... we are not insured for such dangerous 'drink-outs', so everyone is responsible for his/her own welfare.

Right ...... who's up for it ??

As an alternative to Klanky and Garfields ride out, I am planning a Drink out.

Starting out at around 11am from the hotel bar, we will proceed south, down excellent narrow pavements to (probably) the Arch Bar, where the the first round will be quaffed.
From there, we head east. Remembering that it is Saturday, so you are liable to meet tourists coming the other way. Those who are of a more rotund figure should walk in line and leave plenty stopping distance just in case we encounter a twin buggy or electric scooter and have to stop quickly.

Along this way we will come across ( and enter) The Caledonian hotel. I have never travelled this route before, so have no idea what Im talking about, but hey, we are adventure blokes, and thats what we do.
Note to loud english folk. The locals may scoff at a deliberate raising of the voice in your accent. Please make allowances and respect the indigenous population.

After the Cally, we veer whichever way it is to the Ferryboat inn.
We will be using the 'drop off' system so nobody gets lost. If a particularly tricky junction is reached. The second in line will wait till the last drunk staggers past. Ignoring the tail end charlie, who will be unaware of anything by this time.

After the Ferryboat Inn, participants are free to leave the group and find their own way back to the hotel or campsite, using the directions provided by the local fluesy who will be hanging from their right arm, or continue in an ad-hoc manner till oblivion or the hotel is reached

Anybody stopping for chips will not be waited on and will have to follow their noses to the next stop.

Remember ... we are not insured for such dangerous 'drink-outs', so everyone is responsible for his/her own welfare.

Right ...... who's up for it ??

Will you burst into tears and cancel it if I turn up wearing a VIZ T Shirt and a headtorch?

Can't be with you Den, but may I suggest the Morefield Motel for the "off-road" out drinkers....you have to cut across the footie pitch....

:thumb2

Will you burst into tears and cancel it if I turn up wearing a VIZ T Shirt and a headtorch?

Probably. Av still got ma waatery eee when it gets drafty.

Appropriate dress is compulsory. Nae Leiderhosen or sticky tape tashes. And if you want tae cover up yer baldy heid wi a torch ... yer welcome.

I can lend ye ma spring wig though.

Hope this helps...

drinkout.jpg

(Accurate to within 2 miles)

:beerjug:

I'm not as fast a drinker has some, do you have a slow drinker loop incase I can't keep up. Will you be restricting the size of the drink out if so can I get my name down, and reserve a place for my friend i've not seen him since we were children this would be a good opportunity to catch up.:bounce1:beer::bounce1

Last edited:
Now I'm torn between the ride out and the drink out.:(

After a few seconds consideration I'l stick with the ride out as there will be plenty of opportunity for an evening drink out and if I start at 11:00hrs I'll be asleep by 17:00hrs and therefor waste the entire evening.

You will by now have come to the conclusion that I'm a lightweight and it's only by dint of a clever optical illusion that I lok more like a typical tosser:)

I'm not as fast a drinker has some, do you have a slow drinker loop incase I can't keep up. Will you be restricting the size of the drink out if so can I get my name down, and reserve a place for my friend i've not seen him since we were children this would be a good opportunity to catch up.:bounce1:beer::bounce1

You get an orange bib and the SS scrutineers will check you over before you go out.

More experienced Tossers have a duty to keep out of your way in the wobbly bits...not the other way round.

thats twice already you've made me laugh this morning , Den :thumb

sperm was the other topic

don't combine the two, tho.:eek

Wheres the hotel on that map, be nice to know where us campers need to head for at 11am :)

Back
Top Bottom