Classic Camping weekend now moved to Ilfracombe

What day you going Att??
Barb needs a Wendy chat !!
I've got the Rum :)

We've still got the birthday card to give Babs.:)

If you're bringing rum, I'd better bring a bottle (or two) of the finest Calvados.

This really will be a great weekend.

Might try to get there Thursday night.

Could not believe this! Just where the hell are you sending us???
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_...g_Park-Mortehoe_Woolacombe_Devon_England.html

:D:beerjug:

Fear not att, we don't have to mingle with the great unwashed; the site owner is a biker himself and he has kept a corner of the site clear just for our lot :D Nice big plots all with electric and each pitch is £15 a night which is a good deal :beerjug:

cam3.jpg

Called up to campsite today and very impressed.:) Apparently, I just missed Devon as he'd been there before me.

Staff on site were very helpful and pleasant. Site is immaculately clean and everything looks new. We spoke to a few other campers there and they were all full of praise for the site.

In the centre is a lake with carp fishing available. We walked around it and saw several large carp just below the surface and hundreds of small coarse fish. I'm going to dig out my fishing gear and will definitely spend Friday pm alongside the lake. They do hire out tackle if anyone else wants to join me.:)

Really looking forward to this now, should be a great weekend.:thumb2

Is there any group food or do we do our own thing? There is a good pub within walking/staggering distance.:beerjug:

It was the first time I have been down to the site since I reserved the places. It looked great. It is a shame Andy and Paula have had such a bad time with their place and the flooding but as an alternative I reckon the campsite is great. :thumb2
I expect to get there Friday early afternoon.

edit
Nothing is organised for food as we were not sure how many people could make the new location. I reckon BBQs will be the best bet considering the good weather forecast.

Is there any group food or do we do our own thing? There is a good pub within walking/staggering distance.:beerjug:

I'm still happy to do some group food for both nights provided I know numbers within the next couple of days.

One night I would propose a Chicken Pad Thai with prawn crackers. The other night would be a Thai chilli beef with holy basil and served with crusty bread. Cost will be £4.00 per meal with any profits going to charity.

Please let me know if you're in.:thumb2

I'm still happy to do some group food for both nights provided I know numbers within the next couple of days.

One night I would propose a Chicken Pad Thai with prawn crackers. The other night would be a Thai chilli beef with holy basil and served with crusty bread. Cost will be £4.00 per meal with any profits going to charity.

Please let me know if you're in.:thumb2
Fri /sat meal (if you can make mine less spicey as b4)xxx

Andy, so sorry, I have to drop out too. Got a family crisis with my eldest daughter to try and sort out so I can't be that far away. Hope you all have a great time and the weather is kind to you,

I'm in for the food please, as long as the chilli is mild!

Sounds like there's a lot of tin tents going to this. So how many motorcycles will be there?

Weather!!!!

sun.gif
sun.gif
sun.gif
sun.gif

:beerjug:
Perfect conditions for the whole weekend:cool:

Please put me and Ann down for the food on both nights.

Sorted out all my fishing tackle today and packed the Hymer.

Might try to get there on Thursday night, if not then Friday morning. :)

I'm in for the food please, as long as the chilli is mild!

Sounds like there's a lot of tin tents going to this. So how many motorcycles will be there?

Most of us bring our bikes, tin tents does not mean no bikes just not sleeping on ground :robh

Darft we ain't :D well :augie

I am still very much hoping to make it, however the mode of transport will depend on pain levels as my back is pretty unhappy with me right now. Scooter, bike or car at least I have some choices.

I am still very much hoping to make it, however the mode of transport will depend on pain levels as my back is pretty unhappy with me right now. Scooter, bike or car at least I have some choices.

Hope you can make it lofty! If you do manage it I can make you a vegetarian option. Let me know on the night.

Jimish, the chilli can be 'dumbed down' - as I do for Ash. For those who like it really hot I will supply some Nam Pla Prik. :firemth

So the list of those requiring food so far is:-

Devon
Ash
Cookie and Angie
Sid and Ann
Jimish
Paula and myself.

Looking forward to meeting you lot!
Dumbing down the chilli suits me fine Humbug - the rest of me has been dumbed down since retiring!

I've got a tin tent myself, but SWMBO doesn't want to come on this one so I take the opportunity to get back to nature, so to speak, and camp with the bike. Reminds me how I'm being spoiled when in the tinny.

Anyway, I want to try out my new tent - we could have a dance in it!! (and probably will, given enough beer).

Might come today if I can get away - haven't got far to come.

Late drop out ...

... as Jaq has picked up a nasty virus from somewhere and is alternatively sweating and shivering, so no camping for us. If she recovers enough we might bimble across for an hour or two but given the current mucus production, even that is doubtful :barf

Hi everyone. Long time listener, first time caller.

Thought I'd finally chip in as I'm currently floating (not literally) around Dorset, slowly making his way back to the grim, undoubtedly wet coal fields of South Wales and wondered if a '02 Fazer 600 could be classed as a classic and thus a potential attendee? While I'm sure some may be kind and agree, they may not agree on this particular one. But I believe 'patina' and the unrestored look is all the thing these days...

Anyway, this sounded like a great way to end a short but fulfilling South Coast tour, so I thought I'd ask.

Hope everyone that does attend has a memorable, for nothing but good reasons, weekend.

Best regards,

Tim.

Tim,

I sure no-one will mind if you come along. You'd be made very welcome and not everyone will be on classics.

Do you need food? It's not too late yet!

Andy

Andy, so sorry, I have to drop out too. Got a family crisis with my eldest daughter to try and sort out so I can't be that far away. Hope you all have a great time and the weather is kind to you,

No worries, hope you sort everything.

... as Jaq has picked up a nasty virus from somewhere and is alternatively sweating and shivering, so no camping for us. If she recovers enough we might bimble across for an hour or two but given the current mucus production, even that is doubtful :barf

Pity Jaq is under the weather, I reckon we could have kept her busy all weekend sorting out all the other poorly souls :eek: GWS Jaq and hopefully you will be well enough to call in and say hello :thumb2

Thought I'd finally chip in as I'm currently floating (not literally) around Dorset, slowly making his way back to the grim, undoubtedly wet coal fields of South Wales and wondered if a '02 Fazer 600 could be classed as a classic and thus a potential attendee? While I'm sure some may be kind and agree, they may not agree on this particular one. But I believe 'patina' and the unrestored look is all the thing these days...

Anyway, this sounded like a great way to end a short but fulfilling South Coast tour, so I thought I'd ask.

Hope everyone that does attend has a memorable, for nothing but good reasons, weekend.

Best regards,

Tim.

As Andy says, you are welcome to join us Tim :beerjug:

Best regards,

Tim.

Impressive lurking mate, nearly seven years between signing up and making first post! I think that could be a record.:D

'02 Fazer is a classic, we got two, one road bike and another converted as a track day bike.

You will be made very welcome.

C
In the centre is a lake with carp fishing available. We walked around it and saw several large carp just below the surface and hundreds of small coarse fish.

You bastards. i could've crucified myself driving down, and then recuperated by the side of the lake pulling fish out all weekend..

Back
Top Bottom