A ring a ting ting .....

(RIP) Tunneruk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So this guy walks into my workshop "Do you buy old bikes?" He asks ....... :D

Tucked up in his garage for 11 years ..... not more than 800 yards away from my workshop is where she sat.

He's moving to a flat in Bournemouth and won't have the room for it.

I walk round to his house for a look ... "When was the last time it ran?" I asked, He turned the key, prodded the starter button and alive she cried! The garage filled with glorious Two Stroke!

Untitled by tunneruk, on Flickr

1977 with a genuine 4700 miles backed up with every MOT back to it's first in 1979. It's been in his ownership for 16 years but off the road since 06.

It's not perfect by a long way but it's absolutely 100% nut and bolt original. I rode it up the road and it pulls well and rides just like a 4700 mile should.

It's not without a few small issues, the carbs needed a go through and the whole front brake system refreshed as it was full of what can best be described as muddy water!

IMG_6142 by tunneruk, on Flickr

IMG_6143 by tunneruk, on Flickr

I'm in no way going to restore it, just make the best of what's there and ride it. It's all but finished now, I'm just going to clean up the forks and bolt it back together.

Proper time capsule , from the ones I rode in the early 80's they really do need the twin disc conversion from the GT750

are you keeping it or moving it on ?

are you keeping it or moving it on ?

I've not decided yet. I'll get it built back up and MOT'd and use it for a while, see if we get along, if not then I'll move it along I guess .....

Suzuki made such pretty bikes back in the 70's.....and the red one's always looked the nicest (IMHO)

A lovely thing.......:thumb2

I had that exact model Chris, that brings back memories.
Although Im normally a fan, this model didnt have gaitors so a no from me.

Subscribed
:beerjug:

I bet you gave him £250 for it, as you don't really buy projects and it's not your bag......

I bet you gave him £250 for it, as you don't really buy projects and it's not your bag......

I paid him exactly what he asked for, I did try to get a couple of hundred quid off it but he wouldn't budge. I just couldn't walk away from it! ....... and it wasn't that cheap to be fair ;)

I paid him exactly what he asked for, I did try to get a couple of hundred quid off it but he wouldn't budge. I just couldn't walk away from it! ....... and it wasn't that cheap to be fair ;)

I thought you had done a Steptoe:p

Back
Top Bottom