Oatcakes and pork scratchings

(RIP) Miff

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I understand two of the local delicacies are the Staffordshire Oatcake and Pork Scratchings. Will any of the rideouts include a hunting party for these?
I would assume any self deserving tosser would be able to sniff out a scratching from 5 miles away.

I'm quite happy to wander around on my own trying to find them, but does anyone know of the BEST places to find them?

Miff as well as Bills List there is The Smithy cafe at Monyash that sells them with some top savoury fillings.Mmmmmmmmmmmmm:drool:D.

Come out on one of the rideouts fella, Flipfly,TinyTim and meself all up for showing folks round.:thumby:

Andrew

As far as oatcakes go, oatcake Annie's (Victoria road, Fenton) is by far the best. I will not be adding it into the ride out as it's a shite ride there, but happy to get up early and bring some for folks to indulge whilst eating brekkie. Only issue is having a method to heat them up.

So are these oatcakes the pancakey type thing as opposed to Scottish biscuity type things?

:fnikefork

As far as oatcakes go, oatcake Annie's (Victoria road, Fenton) is by far the best. I will not be adding it into the ride out as it's a shite ride there, but happy to get up early and bring some for folks to indulge whilst eating brekkie. Only issue is having a method to heat them up.

Microwave and big frying pan will be available.
I'll get some oatcakes from Annie's to add to the brekkie menu.
Now, what about fillings?

Brekkie will be fairly simple, juices, fruit, cornflakes etc, toast + marmalade, porridge and now oatcakes

Microwave and big frying pan will be available.
I'll get some oatcakes from Annie's to add to the brekkie menu.
Now, what about fillings?

Brekkie will be fairly simple, juices, fruit, cornflakes etc, toast + marmalade, porridge and now oatcakes

Cheese and bacon, mmmmm

I'll get the oatcakes fella, they're on me.

what flip said savoury ones are ace

high lane that was on rick steins programme are good rode there from here just to try them.... :D

:eek this strange ritual will be closely observed by us Iriosh heathens, i come fully jetted for all your ales stouts and various liquors :beer:

:eek this strange ritual will be closely observed by us Iriosh heathens, i come fully jetted for all your ales stouts and various liquors :beer:

I've already started to stockpile the alcohol, Creme de Menthe and Eggnog were on special at Aldi today

what flip said savoury ones are ace

high lane that was on rick steins programme are good rode there from here just to try them.... :D

High lane are mass produced shite, not even hand poured. I went there and the microwaved the fillings!!!

Treat yourself to oatcake Annie's fella, handmade and fillings cooked on the hot plate, mmmmm yummy.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm Oatcakes. Down to my last 2 doz in the freezer from Castle Oatcakes. :thumb2. Bacon and melted cheese filling does it for me.

Back
Top Bottom