Votes: 15 8.6%
  • Left the plug in place

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • Never had one

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • What is a cat code plug

Votes: 73 41.7%

• Total voters
That is exactly how I do have them. Just been and checked. My parameters are, Y front pipes, Titanium Remus can, standard air filter.

If I get it booked in, you can sort it!

followed this thread...

read this thread, just did the Steptoe mod, jumping No.s 5 & ^, and will report back...

Y-piece, and Scorch pipe, similar to a Remus.
Cheers

No, it's not the front - look at the picture, you can see the fuses on the right ...

:blast

2z84u4m.jpg

Steptoe... what happent if I jumpered 30 - 86 -87a?

In Greece the gasoline is very poor in octane.

I run now with your mod, but I still have pinging.

I use K&N, end muffler Bos, with cat and oxygen sensor.

I'll be waiting it comes the next week.I ordered a remus Y and the kit from boxerdesign.de (with larger intake manifolds from R1100S - larger snorkel and Brisk spark plugs)
After installing these performance enhancers and depending how it work the engine I will try some changes.

(Sorry for my bad english)

results...

read this thread, just did the Steptoe mod, jumping No.s 5 & ^, and will report back...

Y-piece, and Scorch pipe, similar to a Remus.
Cheers

jumped 5 & 6 'Steptoe' mod:

did 3 rides since mod, seems like more mid-range, maybe less popping/farting on throttle shut-down, bike feels livelier, but this is a small change, though pleasing...

feels like more grunt, will report back further in a month or so, I may be imagining it, but it FEELS more 'throaty'...!
Cheers

another Steptoe mod question

Sorry, but I didn't see an answer as to what plug slots to use for just the CAT and a stubby pipe???

Sorry, but I didn't see an answer as to what plug slots to use for just the CAT and a stubby pipe???

Try this one......worked fine on mine, may work on yours, may not.......if it doesn't, try another :thumb2

2z84u4m.jpg

Because there isn't an answer.

You can only use different links for different exhaust set ups if you have a specific chip in your motronic.

If you haven't chipped the moronic it makes no difference what your exhaust set up is.
Your overcomplicating a simple link. Typical american :D

Because there isn't an answer.

You can only use different links for different exhaust set ups if you have a specific chip in your motronic.

If you haven't chipped the moronic it makes no difference what your exhaust set up is.
Your overcomplicating a simple link. Typical american :D

went to do a quick edit but you can't in the font section.

I was going to say just ride your fecking bike and stop farting about.

just done this mod to my 2003 twin spark, de-cat and remus can and the change is incredible.... it actually pulls top from a good 20 mph less than before, the bike is transformed... cheers steptoe :thumb

Sorry to bump an old thread, but just done this mod on my GSA...

...and well pleased with results so far - as yet no more backfires on the remus :D

many thanks Steptoe sir :beerjug:

another great reason to subscribe! hilarious comments & brilliant mods - just pulled my yellow block and plugged in my cable (purple cable must be the colour to go with to really release those ponies) - i'll test it in the morning and see if it clears the popping i am getting on overrun on my remus decat y and revolution can (no baffle) - brilliant work steptoe

Steptoe's Link

Would you have to do this link mod on R1200GSA 2011 model, if you were going to change either the downpipes or end can or both

R850R 1996

I have a yellow coded plug, standard exhaust and air filter but the bike doesnt run smoothly... it vibes at around 3500rpm and doesnt pick up smoothly - i balanced it many times and after some miles it returns to working rough. will removing the cat code plug help? Consumption is around 46mpg around town and 65mpg if i keep it to 60 / 65mph....any help is appreciated!

Pull the cat code plug and try it out. I have ridden 80,000kms after removing mine and the bike is fine. You won't hurt anything by trying it out.

Pull the cat code plug and try it out. I have ridden 80,000kms after removing mine and the bike is fine. You won't hurt anything by trying it out.

I removed what i think is the cat code plug but the bike did not start! Just under the fuses i have an empty socket? (maybe its removed already????)

Back
Top Bottom