action cam mounting

rovert57

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
where do you have your action cam mounted (if you have one that is ) picture's if possible

where do you have your action cam mounted (if you have one that is ) picture's if possible

Depends what I want to film... I've done several videos at the TT over the years and:
I've mounted the camera on the tank to get a good view of the road and dash of the bike
I've mounted it on the engine bars to get the view lower down, with the front wheel in view
I've mounted it on the back (rear facing) to film my mates
I've used a Migsel mount just to film the road through the screen (no dials)

Take your pick, really...

Looked at the tank but would need a very tall mount , might look at a ram mount . Don't fancy a helmet mount

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Looked at the tank but would need a very tall mount , might look at a ram mount . Don't fancy a helmet mount

Sent from my SM-G357FZ using Tapatalk

Hahaha... You're right. I just remembered; I put a stack of paperback books into a plastic bag and gaffer taped it to the top of the tank, then taped the camera on top of that after getting it lined up how I wanted it. It was some years ago, but it came out pretty well...

Oldie but a goodie

A ram mount on the bottom of the mirror stalk... Easy to access buttons and little or no vibrations. Works for me anyway

GoPro Session camera, and I use a mount purchased off e-bay that fits in between the bike and the front indicator. Not tested yet, but bought the cameras off a friend who had the same set up and it worked a treat.

My previous Drift camera mounted on the top of the LHS front crash bar, using the std Drift 'handlebar' mount; worked really well.

Attachments

• IMG_1216.jpg
    IMG_1216.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_1217.jpg
    IMG_1217.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 612
Hahaha... You're right. I just remembered; I put a stack of paperback books into a plastic bag and gaffer taped it to the top of the tank, then taped the camera on top of that after getting it lined up how I wanted it. It was some years ago, but it came out pretty well...

Oldie but a goodie

Paul

that has to be the all time classic GS video, I remember when you first posted it, back when the whole world seemed to ride sportsbikes. I think you opened a lot of peoples eyes re the capability of these wierd looking Chook Chasers.

Great stuff !

Mike

Oldie but a goodie

Excellent I really enjoyed that, thank you for posting

GoPro Session camera, and I use a mount purchased off e-bay that fits in between the bike and the front indicator. Not tested yet, but bought the cameras off a friend who had the same set up and it worked a treat.

My previous Drift camera mounted on the top of the LHS front crash bar, using the std Drift 'handlebar' mount; worked really well.
That looks pretty good Could you share a link to the item pls? Cheers

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I used the Kaiser Baas X100 it's pretty good, overall very impressed, I wanted a GO PRO but didn't want to pay that much. I've mounted mine on the front crash bars.

7c793bb33e8b3ab5189ebd3bf885862d.jpg
c300c14eadcc74ddc539cac1c3bea5d9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a go pro before but find my cheapo Xioami Yi gives me better results for a lot less money. Especially if it bounces down the road!
I've always used a helmet mount but I think the crash bars would be handier.(Stop you looking like a knob, too.)
Any problems with vibration?

No problems with vibes, only been on a week so it hasn't been tested fully but first few rides, I've been quite impressed, the X80 has I slight fish eye effect but very clear for £60ish and you are spot on....if it bounces down the road or gets stolen, it's not the end of the world.

The X100 has wifi and removable battery so can change when runs out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use s Git2, brilliant camera that has gyro stabilisation (software) and a brilliant pic for £100 it is ideal for onboard stuff

i did a video for my mate in Aus to show him how I mount it.

http://youtu.be/dMuKmBGeQzo

The wi fi it's handy for setting it up, but it will eat your battery time if you leave it on all the time.
My Yi had the fish eye effect when it first arrived but was able to change it to normal using the settings on the phone app.
Must clamp it on to the crash bars and try it next time I'm out.

Back
Top Bottom