Cafes, coffee stops and favourite greasy spoons in the South East

UKGSer

Administrator
Reaction score
Let us know your recommendations for your favourite biker food drink stop, a GPS waypoint would be good.

The burger van on Portsdown Hill, overlooking Portsmouth and the Solent:
N50 51.424 W1 06.334

The Alton Railway Station Cafe:

N51 09.130 W0 58.034

And Bahnstormer for a free coffee and biscuit!

N51 06.703 W0 59.655

Silver Ball Cafe

[FONT=arial, serif]Sat Nav Details:

Grid ref: TL356363
X: 535700m Y: 236400m
Lat: 52:00:33N (52.0091) Lon: 0:0[/FONT]
[FONT=arial, serif]1:29W (-0.0248) [/FONT]

[FONT=arial, serif]Silver Ball Transport Cafe
London Rd Reed
Royston
Hertfordshire
SG8 8BD
Phone 01763 848 200

[FONT=arial, serif]Hours of Business[/FONT]

Monday to Thursday 06.00 hrs till 22.00 hrs
Friday 06.00 till 21.30 hrs
Saturday & Sunday 06.00 hrs to 15.30 hrs[/FONT]

Box Hill (Rykas)

Popular meet for bikers and car enthusiasts alike. Open all year round.

bh2.jpg

LAT: 51:15:21N (51.25585) LONG: 0:19:22W (-0.32286)
Grid Ref: TQ171520
Multimap Link

Boxhill

Yes this is a normally busy one to stop at, we often do if we have been up to the Ace or somewhere on a wk end :thumb2

Oakdene Cafe

Popular meeting place for bikers. Attracts sportsbikes, dirtbikes, tassel tractors, trikes, local IAM group and just about everybody else. Lots of nice roads to be found close by. Good fry-up (award winning apparently). They do nice fluffy white bread and a good "milky coffee".

LAT: 51:18:15N (51.3041) LONG: 0:20:00E (0.3332)
Grid Ref: TQ627586
Multimap Link

The Merlin Cafeteria

Quiet little café on the site of the Spitfire and Hurricane Memorial Museum on what was RAF Manston. Open throughout the year 10am-5pm summer, 10am-4pm winter.

LAT: 51:20:58N (51.34937) LONG: :20:54E (1.34829)
Grid Ref: TR332664
Multimap Link

daisy's diner tea bar , shoreham kent.

A nice place for a burger and tea, also sells, kangaroo, buffalo, bison, kudu, and normal steaks.
Decent meals at decent prices,if you are brave try the full monty!!!!
monday to friday, 8am till 2.30-3pm.
Can do outside functions by prior arrangement.veggies catered for too.
On A225 Shoreham road, shoreham, Kent, very near Shoreham railway station.
An excellent ride out with fantastic scenery.
Tel 07771-885512 ask for Daisy.:thumb

Last edited:
Shoreham Airport

One of my favourites is the cafe at Shoreham Airport.
Latitude, 50.835556 50° 50' 08.00" N. Longitude, -0.297222 000° 17' 50.00" W. Elevation, 7 feet 2 meters ...!!

The food is pretty good, the building is interesting Deco and when the weather is fine you can sit out on the terrace and watch planes and helicopters come and go.

Second favourite is the Aero club at Goodwood racetrack near Chichester.
Latitude: 50° 56' 30" N Longitude: 0° 50' 30" W
http://www.goodwood.co.uk/food/aero_club_cafe.htm

Again overlooking the airfield but has the added bonus of being right next to the racetrack which means there are always loads of intersting cars around.

If you go to this one make sure you go via the Goodwood horse racing track. This is up on the South Downs and the road leading up and past it is fantastic and the scenery at the top spectacular. Watch it though becuase both the road and the scenerey demand your attention and you can't do both!!

to follow on from the last post, having the pleasure of doing a bit of flying once in a while, you can generally find a cafe of some description at all airfields, so if you ever fancy a brew or bacon sarnie, then go on in and have a look. shoreham/goodwood are nice, as is lydd, rochester is ok, headcorn. others i have yet to try, redhill, panshanger, stapleford, andrewsfield, booker and many more to do.

Perhaps I might be able to mention one of my favourite pubs here - the Gate Inn at Marshside. Situated out in the country about 1.5 miles south of the 'Roman Galley' on the Thanet Way, this is a prime example of how pubs should be. The Shepherd Neame real ales come straight from the barrel (gravity), the log fire is always glowing, the floor is Yorkstone, and the doorstep Black Pudding/wholemeal bread sandwiches are unbeatable. If it's fine, there's a small garden where ducks from the stream wander around waiting for scraps. No canned music, no fruit machines, no chavs. Idyllic.:thumb2

Perhaps I might be able to mention one of my favourite pubs here - the Gate Inn at Marshside. Situated out in the country about 1.5 miles south of the 'Roman Galley' on the Thanet Way, this is a prime example of how pubs should be. The Shepherd Neame real ales come straight from the barrel (gravity), the log fire is always glowing, the floor is Yorkstone, and the doorstep Black Pudding/wholemeal bread sandwiches are unbeatable. If it's fine, there's a small garden where ducks from the stream wander around waiting for scraps. No canned music, no fruit machines, no chavs. Idyllic.:thumb2

Lovely - But i never drink alcohol during the day, or evenings if i'm driving/riding.

Loomies

Loomies Cafe

A32 southwest side of the junction with the A272 West Meon Hants

In the centre of mid Hants best biking roads.

Was the Little Chef now in biker friendly hands . Family run . Is proving to be a busy spot for local bikers of all descriptions. Good grub and reasonable value
Frank :rob

Back
Top Bottom