Sat 19th or Sun 20th Sept Peak District ?

chang5

Reaction score
Morning .

I'm hoping to pop up to the Peak District on Either of those days.
I'll be coming up from Wellingborough and it will be my first time in that part of the world.
Would anyone care to join me , possibily someone who is familiar with the area and best routes ( but that's not essential ).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards:)

Morning .

I'm hoping to pop up to the Peak District on Either of those days.
I'll be coming up from Wellingborough and it will be my first time in that part of the world.
Would anyone care to join me , possibily someone who is familiar with the area and best routes ( but that's not essential ).

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards:)

I think I can do either of those days.just checking with my PA.....I take it you would be wanting to stay on the black top.

Chang5 know the Peak area as its my backyard,can do either day to get you to some of the best bits . Might even do both days for you if you are keen. Have some high level routes for best views. Let me know,

Anyone else interested:D

Black top is tarmac.

Saturday would be my preferred day...but I can do Sunday as well but may need to bail early afternoon to be home. I'm on the opposite side of the peaks to you but I'd propose leek as a starting point. How would fit with your plans chang5?

My back yard also but won't know till nearer the date

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I'm happy to find a B & B for the night and the spend the weekend there !
Leek sounds a good meeting spot for me on the saturday morning , ( maybe at 11am.) as i will be driving up from Northants. We can possibly meet up with others elsewhere depending on their starting location. But i'm easy just looking forward to viviting the area for the first time ever.
I'm happy to go off tarmac if needs be.

Leek sounds a good meeting spot for me on the saturday morning , ( maybe at 11am.) as i will be driving up from Northants. We can possibly meet up with others elsewhere depending on their starting location. But i'm easy just looking forward to viviting the area for the first time ever.
I'm happy to go off tarmac if needs be.

Leek? On a Saturday morning ? Last place you want to be/meet on a bike really. Ill keep an eye on this thread and see how it goes. May be able to help but wont know yet. Leek? :blast ffs' s

Leek? On a Saturday morning ?

When I say leek I didn't mean the centre of...just somewhere in that vicinity....give me some credit.

Leek sounds a good meeting spot for me on the saturday morning , ( maybe at 11am.)

Ideal, that gives you an easy run in then A50/ashbourne/leek, I'll be coming from Macclesfield.

Initially I was thinking of doing a clockwise route so that you finished over the right side for you heading back to the M1 or down to matlock but if your planning on stopping on Saturday night that gives more options.

Morning

There is an East Midlands breakfast meet on the 19th in Nottingham - always a good bunch and a great breakfast.

It's a nice hour and a half run for you through Rutland so you could be there at 9am. An hour for breakfast, say leave there at 10am then it's less than an hour to Matlock so you'd be there (or near there, in a traffic free environment :p) around 11am with both you and the bike fuelled up.

If you post this up on the East Midlands section you might get a couple of companions - I might even join you myself but will have to see nearer the time.

Enjoy :thumby:

Morning

There is an East Midlands breakfast meet on the 19th in Nottingham - always a good bunch and a great breakfast.

It's a nice hour and a half run for you through Rutland so you could be there at 9am. An hour for breakfast, say leave there at 10am then it's less than an hour to Matlock so you'd be there (or near there, in a traffic free environment :p) around 11am with both you and the bike fuelled up.

If you post this up on the East Midlands section you might get a couple of companions - I might even join you myself but will have to see nearer the time.

Morning

Be good if you could make. I'd personally prefer to ride straight to the peaks from my start location- not too keen on leaving home to early, but thanks anyway for the suggestion.

Can we finalise a meeting point for the Saturday morning for 11am, if everyone is happy with that time.

Can't make this one now - friends up for the weekend

Enjoy

Chang5 , Meet up at Yonderman Cafe at 11am , is located between Stoney Middleton and turn off for Tideswell. Looks like a truck stop . Let me know if you are still up for this and anyone else welcome too:D

Won't miss me big fat Tosser on Grey 1200gsadv:moped::

I should be there but will be going for full English 1st so will get there earlier

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I might be able to attend this assuming I finish work on time at 3am. If I finish late then I'll still be snoring in my cave

I was going to suggest starting here.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.1...00&yaw=135.12244&pitch=0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Then from there heading east then north for lunch the yonderman would indeed be a good lunch stop about 1.5 hrs later.
Up to you though Chang5 which ever you prefer and depending on your plans i.e. stopping over or not.

Do you have a postcode for that place ? I'm happy to meet there- is 10:30 am ok. I've booked a B N B for the night in Glossop. I think it unlikely i'll be able to go off tarmac as i've literally just put some road pilot 4 on the bike.

Back
Top Bottom