Sheffield IAM , first time nerves !

Well , it was all worth it :D , passed my test yesterday morning , I got everything I wanted and more out the of the course , its got to be a double thumbs up for me imho :thumb:thumb
Ive learned so much , made good friends all positives
for anyone thinking of the IAM I couldnt recommend highly enough :beerjug:

Well , it was all worth it :D , passed my test yesterday morning , I got everything I wanted and more out the of the course , its got to be a double thumbs up for me imho :thumb:thumb

Well done and well said :thumb

:beerjug:
As Peter (Harleyquin) says, the group don't promote' the IAM 'First' as such, but merely endeavour to make sure the candidate gets as much out of the training as is possible :thumb

The 'First' scheme is the IAM's answer to RoSPA's Gold, Silver and Bronze certificates. I think every IAM Examiner in the country would like the B, S & G certificates but London won't take that on board because RoSPA do it :nenau

.... and they think they might lose revenue :nenau

It's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Well done again Paul :thumb

Well done Paul. ;-)
I called down to Rainbow but you'd gone.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

Brilliant Paul -very well done by you and by your Observer Steve :beerjug:. All you need to do now is to keep getting better by coming along to the Saturday ride-outs with other Green Badge holders.

P

Passed!!!

Passed my test today!! Very happy indeed. :beerjug::clap:clap

I've enjoyed the experience so much. It's made a massive difference to my riding ability and has made me so much more confident on my bike.
I had a great observer and I've made some good friends. I might even do the observer training next year!

I would recommend it to everyone. ;) Do it!! :thumb

Well done Mark :thumb

Edit .... as an aside, and regarding the posts above. I had a young lady on a 1200R for test a couple of weeks ago (from another group). She gave a truly excellent ride and so gave her a 1st in each category so recommended for the 'F1rst Certificate' .... well done that gal :thumb

t's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Micky, What do you think the difference is between an IAM First and a ROSPA Gold ? I am curious as I just got a First this week and was thinking about doing ROSPA.........

t's down to the Examiner to give a First to an associate on test but whether that be equivalent to a Gold or Silver is debatable .....

Micky, What do you think the difference is between an IAM First and a ROSPA Gold ? I am curious as I just got a First this week and was thinking about doing ROSPA.........

Difficult to say Rod, it's down to different examiners standards. I know it shouldn't be but it's a fact of life. People suggest that all Observers, Senior Observers, Examiners, all over the country should be the same wherever, but I'm not one for 'cloning' and so welcome the different approaches by different people :thumb

Well done on the F1rst Rod :thumb

You can't have enough experience .... so now go for that RoSPA Gold:thumb

..... and come back and tell us ;)

Just had a remarkable young lady for test today ... gave a better ride (OK shut up at the back there, no sniggering) than a lot of blokes I know :thumb2

Gave her a 'First' ... a very well deserved 'First'

I've given two 'Firsts' out in the last six months .... both to the ladies :eek:

OK OK :blast

Passed my test today!! Very happy indeed. :beerjug::clap:clap

I've enjoyed the experience so much. It's made a massive difference to my riding ability and has made me so much more confident on my bike.
I had a great observer and I've made some good friends. I might even do the observer training next year!

I would recommend it to everyone. ;) Do it!! :thumb

Now for congratulations again Mark, a couple of years on, for passing your Observer Training ... well done again :thumb

I resigned as an IAM Examiner yesterday :D

Cheers Micky.

How come you've resigned?
Just had enough?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Cheers Micky.

How come you've resigned?
Just had enough?

Just had enough Mark ;)

I just got rid of that silly bottom line for ya's :D

Well done again :thumb

Does that mean you can let your hair down a bit next time we go for a ride....? :D

Yeah ... I'm free to rub your nose in my dust now Mike :rolleyes:

Ha ha .... that'll be the day :green gri

Interested to hear you've called it a day Micky ....

Two blokes on my team do it .... I couldn't - the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching ..

:thumb2

Interested to hear you've called it a day Micky ....

Two blokes on my team do it .... I couldn't - the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching ..

:thumb2

.. the 'rule book' would drive me nuts, and yet I love teaching .. exactly :thumb

One of the reasons Giles, one of the reasons ;)

OK I'm not going in to details, a few pints at Dent might loosen the tongue, but I'm not happy with the way the IAM is going :eek:

Red1 on here will be delighted with the news :D

Yep, that's a shame, but I completely understand.

.. ......, but I'm not happy with the way the IAM is going :eek:.....:

One size fits all? Maybe not, but if people keep doing the training and standards are maintained, then change can't be all bad.

Micky. Thanks for all you have done to promote safe riding over the years. Now enjoy your free time and ride safe:)

One size fits all? Maybe not, but if people keep doing the training and standards are maintained, then change can't be all bad.

Micky. Thanks for all you have done to promote safe riding over the years. Now enjoy your free time and ride safe:)

Many thanks for that :thumb

There's a right good bunch of observers and trainee observers doing a rait grand job down on the shop floor, unselfishly volunteering their time, in all kinds of weather, throughout the year. I think that some times London loses sight of that fact! The bottom line is that I've had over twenty years as an IAM Examiner and thoroughly enjoyed it. Made some great friends ... maybe time now to let a younger person in :rob

Life has become too precious, every minute counts. I've a new dog to walk, new knees to wear out, a couple of great bikes to ride, ferry crossings, maps and far off roads to seek out :D

I'll be continuing my allegiance to the Sheffield Advanced Motorcyclists and helping out in any way I can :thumb

Just had a remarkable young lady for test today ... gave a better ride (OK shut up at the back there, no sniggering) than a lot of blokes I know :thumb2

Gave her a 'First' ... a very well deserved 'First'

I've given two 'Firsts' out in the last six months .... both to the ladies :eek:

OK OK :blast

I intend to start IAM lessons this year Micky. Judging by your post above, should I wear lipstick? ;)

Back
Top Bottom