New Africa Twin DCT

A man with a van arrived, full of Africa twins.
f76d11b5bf9dea3dca0421d7956c2ca8.jpg

d24fe06acdeea5ebbf01384053d5f0b8.jpg

But mine is the best colour
189daa046c1e8b64274f375ae92285bb.jpg

that looks fab, mines due anytime:D

Thats interesting about the bars! Love the tri colour.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Thats interesting about the bars! Love the tri colour.

Mines now got enough miles on to open it up. HOLY SHIT, it shifts!!! I cant believe its under 100hp to be honest. There's o lack of power, and that engine with the Termi sounds incredible. Cant wait to fit the headers now. BRAAAP !!

Mines now got enough miles on to open it up. HOLY SHIT, it shifts!!! I cant believe its under 100hp to be honest. There's o lack of power, and that engine with the Termi sounds incredible. Cant wait to fit the headers now. BRAAAP !!

Make sure you get it remapped as the headers will make it VERY lean !!

I had a Remus end can on mine and then fitted Arrow headers,and Geoff at Hilltop struggled to map it as the fuel was so low.And also the DCT stops him doing a proper run,but the bike was transformed.

Wish I'd kept it now,though I do like my 1290.

2867fc75f59a770b226f317fffcc8319.jpg

mines here! don't know what to say to the missus as ive not told her:blast just fits in Garage ..so thats it for me:D

Attachments

• 20171005_135515_resized (1).jpg
    20171005_135515_resized (1).jpg
    269 KB · Views: 199
  • 20171005_133549_resized.jpg
    20171005_133549_resized.jpg
    254.6 KB · Views: 236
  • 20171005_140804_resized.jpg
    20171005_140804_resized.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 232
Nice collection there mate! She would have divorced me by now!!

Make sure you get it remapped as the headers will make it VERY lean !!

I had a Remus end can on mine and then fitted Arrow headers,and Geoff at Hilltop struggled to map it as the fuel was so low.And also the DCT stops him doing a proper run,but the bike was transformed.

Wish I'd kept it now,though I do like my 1290.

Thats very interesting! I bet its pretty lean already then, just with the silencer. Was looking at the Rapid Bike Evo on the Rugged Roads website as I had good results on a Harley using a similar type of device, that hooked into the injectors and O2 sensors adjust the the fuel on the fly.

Then........ I saw they do a full titanium SC project rally looking exhaust system for £800 ....... Might have to sell that Termi..

The gearstick option is really good and glad I opted for this, downside ! Cannot fit lower engine bars as the gearstick is located in the mounts so I'm going to buy GSG-moto engine case protectors and crash bungs . Full arrow titanium and lots of other shite I don't really need.

Anyone have any new OE panniers they want to sell !

How much was the gear lever option may I ask? I'm thinking about having one on mine as there are a lot of buttons to concentrate on, especially with the horn and indicators being swapped around!

Africa Twin Farkles have started

As I fully intend to take my Africa Twin off-road. I've started the farkles list.

- Barkbusters Handguard Kit with Storm Hand Guard (as the OEM handguards are plastic and won't take a serious impact)

- Altrider Extended Skid Plate to also cover rear shock mount (as the OEM skid plate isn't big or clever enough)

- Altrider Full Crash Bar Cage System (as the OEM crash bars were not on the bike in standard trim)

- Camel Brace Footpeg Protection Plate (as the OEM is made of Alloy and can shatter on impact, leaving you with no footpeg)

- Continental TKC80 Knobby Off-Road Tyres (as the OEM tyres are not suitable)

- Constands Paddock Stand (so I can do my maintenance at home)

- Oxford Hot Grips (because even in Summer, once the rain and wind chill sets in, they can be a life saver on a long return trip home)

That's about £1,500 worth of kit just to give it a fair chance of surviving my inadequate skill level :augie

How much was the gear lever option may I ask? I'm thinking about having one on mine as there are a lot of buttons to concentrate on, especially with the horn and indicators being swapped around!

£340 and half hour labour charge (£30 ish) deffo worth it no messing around with buttons, just jump on the bike tap the gearstick it selects 1st gear in D-mode, only time you have to touch a button is when you want to go from D to sport or manual .

£340 and half hour labour charge (£30 ish) deffo worth it no messing around with buttons, just jump on the bike tap the gearstick it selects 1st gear in D-mode, only time you have to touch a button is when you want to go from D to sport or manual .

That could be a nuisance when stood up on the pegs, if you accidentally tap it? Or break it clean off haha

Thanks for the info, I'll give the buttons a go for a bit and see if I get used to them first.

Very Nice, Congratulations :D

Back
Top Bottom