Dublin M50 Toll

I use the M50 Toll road by car infrequently - maybe each-way trips half a dozen times per year. I registered the vehicle index number with eflow.ie and the toll charge appears on my credit card statement a few weeks afterwards

I use the M50 Toll road by car infrequently - maybe each-way trips half a dozen times per year. I registered the vehicle index number with eflow.ie and the toll charge appears on my credit card statement a few weeks afterwards

Likewise - for the infrequent user it spares a lot of flapping about.

Just to expand on this......

1. as we are a different jurisdiction how can they enforce the fine?

2. Do they chase French, Dutch, German, Spanish etc for there unpaid tolls?

3. If they exchange information now will that change after Brexit? This is very tongue in cheek as no one knows anything about anything to do with Brexit. but hey it made me smile.

eFlow employs an outfit called EPC (European Parking Collection plc) which has offices in the UK as well as the other European countries you mention. Apparently this entitles them to demand money with menaces wherever you reside. Whether you pay 'em or nor depends on the abilities of your legal team or on the size of your office shredder

New agreement between all EU countries that each one will give motorist details for offences occurred in their countries , fines and points will be added to your licence by your country. Be warned.

Plausible but I seem to remember that Ireland has a Data Protection issue that currently precludes us from such a setup.

Plausible but I seem to remember that Ireland has a Data Protection issue that currently precludes us from such a setup.

You would, according to this BBC article appear to be correct Luke. A ban for a driving offence is recognised on both sides of the border but as of yet there is no co-operation on points for driving offences between north and south. I hope so as I think I was caught speeding by camera in Larne in a LH registered vehicle the week before last.

Back
Top Bottom