Thunder in the Glens

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yup, it's that time of year again. The first few HD's have started arriving in the valley, the sun is out, Aviemore will be fully booked and the breweries will have sent all they can spare from the Edinburgh Festival up here.

I'll go through on Saturday morning, the ride out (in the sun) is worth watching - then a few relatively peaceful beers before they all get back - then a few rowdier ones :beerjug:.

Cairngorm bar has bands on in the afternoon, plenty to walk about and see up the hill at MacDonalds, given decent weather its not a bad day out :thumb2

You don't have to want to own, or like, HD's. I quite enjoying looking at some of the things there though, even if you have to get past the week day lawyers getting all badged up to strut with attitude.

It is very entertaining seeing dudes! in Sturgis tshirts with it being Baltic!
Im going west then grabbing the Panzer to raid and say goodbye to Europe

Thought there was a lot of Harleys passing through today.
Is there anything on, on Sunday ?

I saw 3 massive ,(bigger than my house,but that wouldn't be difficult) Motorhomes with harleys on trailer going up the A9.

Never been to it but quite fancy it. Going on the drink might be a bit dangerous though.

Thats awesome, Im off tomorrow up to Inverness to do a nc500 loop around the highlands over the weekend on my 899 Panigale, so will be nice to see some Harleys.

RBW.

Went well, Saturday weather was great, huge number of bikes out for the Rideout, good atmosphere. No trouble as usual and beer was fine.

Sorry Gordon, missed post, few wee rideouts on Sunday plus all the music and stalls and entertainment

Is anyone going up next week? Heading up friday from Fife and another GS from Skye meeting up.

I'll be there, probably sat and Sun evenings, at the Cairngorm hotel having a few beers and listening to the bands!

I'm heading up on Thursday for three nights, we normally go on the bike and stay at the Coylumbridge Hilton, no bike this year though, I'm taking my caravan and staying at the Dalraddy site just south of Aviemore. hope to catch a few beer at the Cairngorm which is my prefered watering hole whilst at Thunder.

Not going to manage this one unfortunately..Glenfarg Inn on Friday night before heading off to Greece and Albania via Newcastle ferry on Saturday :D

I'll be there Saturday - for a few ones through the afternoon and evening. Always a grand weekend, good music and beer and bikes. And yes, coming from the south or west fill up at Newtonmore, coming from the east at Grantown and from the north - Inverness should do you.

Maybe a couple of pints at the Cairngorm Saturday?

Aviemore filling station is going to be open for fuel for the event, then close again for a couple of days while they complete the M&S food outlet.
From the TITG facebook page:
"FUEL UPDATE: People attending TITG® will be delighted to know that the new fuel station in Aviemore will be open for fuel only over the course of the rally weekend. The garage forecourt will be open for fuel only on Friday 25th, Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th between the hours of 10.00am and 6.00 pm. It will then close again until Wednesday 30th August when it will officially open."

I'll be there Saturday - for a few ones through the afternoon and evening. Always a grand weekend, good music and beer and bikes. And yes, coming from the south or west fill up at Newtonmore, coming from the east at Grantown and from the north - Inverness should do you.

Maybe a couple of pints at the Cairngorm Saturday?

Or Carrbridge!

Back
Top Bottom