Bad news :(

Blimey, I too have just caught up with this, best of luck to you all, and I wish your boy a speedy recovery.

See you at the wee-kend

Shep

Blimey Sid - your kids could do with a dose of luck right now.........

Hope he's on the mend quick.....

Been with him again today and we think he is getting better. He is grumpy today and snapping at his girlfriend and his mum.:) I just kept quiet and left him to it. He is complaining of headaches (not surprising really) and they keep giving him painkillers. He continues to be sick which is causing concern but we hope there will be better news after his scan tomorrow when they assess how the swelling on the brain is.

We have appointment with solicitors tomorrow who think there is case against nightclub for not supervisng this dancing cage and the treament by the bouncers. I'll simply let solicitors deal with it all and we are only concerned with getting Peter sorted and well.

I'll come back down to Devon for Wee-kend on Thursday to sort out last minute arrangements. I know some people are turning up early but you don't need me as Proff will be in residence. I trust you all so not worried about leaving you all to it until I get there. If you get there before me, the fireblade just needs the fairing and tank refitting and the suzuki on the other ramp just needs back brake refitting.:) Then you can start on the R80/7. Non-airhead bikes can be moved from workshop into garage.

Some things may run a bit less smoothly on Friday if we are still running around sorting things out but it won't effect the enjoyment of the event.

Thanks again for the numerous offers of help of all sorts.

Cheers

Sid

Sid
glad he making some progress...

"Grumpy" is progress in my book:thumb

everything is crossed here for the lad!

David

Sid, if the Boss has to stay in Saf whales:augie
I don't mind spending the weekend in the kitchen helping
out, as long as some one does my valve end floaty thing:D

:thumb2

Hi Sid, Ann. et al.

Glad Pete is on the mend. Always in my thoughts, as you all are.

Please don't fiorget I'll need a pickup at Tiverton Parkway on Friday at 1600, sorry to be a pain :)

Cheers
S.

Sorry to hear about Pete's predicament Sid it must have been awful, and here's wishing him a speedy recovery.
Well done for pressing on regardless with the weekend, look forward to seeing you all again. I should be over early Fri. evening
Cheers
Mike

Normal service is resumed.:)

Many thanks to all who have posted on this thread and sent me pm's with offers of help and advice. Sorry if I haven't replied to all but they have been read and noted.:) Its been another long day.

We have now returned to Devon and are preparing for Wee-kend.:)

Peter is making good progress and is in a stable condition. The ward Sister in the neurology ward in Swansea is wonderful and has promised she will keep a close eye on Peter. She thought he might be released to a quiet environment in Devon until we told her we had 50 drunken tossers coming to party at our house this weekend:D. At this revelation, she decided he might be better staying in the neurology unit under observation.:)

He is stable and had second CT/brain scan today and they are happy that he doesn't need surgery. They will refer scans to unit in Cardiff but want to keep him under observation until at least Monday.

Proff has advised that his son Chris has had his double hip op and is recovering in hospital but may also be kept in until after Wee-kend.

Obviously our women folk may be called away at short notice to care for their "little baby boys" but there are enough of us to muck in to sort out the food etc. Anyone who complains about the timetable of food etc will be shot and buried in the woods (and you think I'm joking?).

Things should be back to somewhat normal on Wednesday and we are back to full steam ahead for Gentlemen's Airhead Wee-kend.

Many thanks

Sid & Ann

Sid that`s excellent news. :bounce1

I`m really glad that Peter is okay and it must be an extra relief that surgery won`t be needed.

Great stuff all round. :beerjug:

That's really good news you two :thumb2 and good news about Chris too.

Here's to a great Wee-Kend :beerjug:

Val & Jill

Brilliant news Sid.
I didn't think Chris was going in until Monday?
I hope both the boys make a speedy recovery.
Don't worry about anything, I'm sure we can manage if you need to shoot off (possible poor choice of words!). Shall I bring a shovel to help with the digging? ;)

Excellent news for both sets of parents, must be a great relief for you all.

Great news for all :clap:clap:clap

Are you sure that the Ward Sister hasn't got her eyes on the young lad :augie:augie

"It's ok, your lovely, young, soon to be health, good looking son is in good hands............(mutters under her breath......literally)":D:D

Best keep that comment away from the better half Sid or she'll be back there like a flash to keep an eye on him!!

Nice to hear that Chris is doing well too, he's far less annoying than any other other hip replacement patient I've ever met. Come to think of it, I think I only know one :augie:augie:augie:augie

Bloody hell Sid and I was thinking nothing ever seemed to happen here...

only just read the original posting, sorry to hear the bad news, but good to hear he's on the mend, it must have been a harrowing time for you all.

All the best
John

Just caught up with this.....I'm so glad that your son is on the mend, Sid...what are your lads up to?...Trying to give their parents a heart attack between them?...!....:)....:comfort

And Proff's Chris is fine....'cos despite my best efforts, he's still sane and progressing very well.....:D.....:angel.....:bounce1

Back
Top Bottom