Random Guzzi 1200 sport question (2009 if that makes a difference)

Cortina

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
"2009 Moto Guzzi 1200 sport, 4v (2 per cylinder)"

above quote from a NI advert on Gumtree presently

Is this correct ? has it only 2 valves per cylinder ?

(If it is - then clearly a 2v model ... if there is such a thing ............ must only have one valve per cylinder ??)

:augie
2 valves per head :rolleyes:
I know I have one 2008

Brilliant motors

4v heads came in in 2009 ish
:thumb

:augie
2 valves per head :rolleyes:
I know I have one 2008

Brilliant motors

4v heads came in in 2009 ish
:thumb

Does my note not say 2009 ??

Anyway - advert now gone ... but description did say 4V ....

sounds like it could have been either !

If it's a 2009 4v it's got a 4 valve head . The rocker covers on the 2v were all silver, on the 4'valve they are bigger covers that are half black and half silver. Also the engine & rear swing arm/shaft drive is black on the 4v . Bizarrely Guzzi called some of the 4V models the 8 valve , typically Guzzi :p

If you are interested in buying one I have one of the nicest black ones you'll ever find that I might be persuaded to part with as it's only done 3 miles since I bought my Crosstourer. I'm not sure I want to sell and it's got a lot of extras on it including panniers so if you are after a cheap one it's possibly not going to interest you.

If it's a 2009 4v it's got a 4 valve head . The rocker covers on the 2v were all silver, on the 4'valve they are bigger covers that are half black and half silver. Also the engine & rear swing arm/shaft drive is black on the 4v . Bizarrely Guzzi called some of the 4V models the 8 valve , typically Guzzi :p

If you are interested in buying one I have one of the nicest black ones you'll ever find that I might be persuaded to part with as it's only done 3 miles since I bought my Crosstourer. I'm not sure I want to sell and it's got a lot of extras on it including panniers so if you are after a cheap one it's possibly not going to interest you.

I'm looking for panniers :rolleyes:

Does my note not say 2009 ??

Anyway - advert now gone ... but description did say 4V ....

sounds like it could have been either !

With overlapping production it could be either, see Rushys explanation :cool:

With overlapping production it could be either, see Rushys explanation :cool:

That's grand - that makes it clear. Rocker cover was two tone ... so obviously owner did not actually know as much as he thought he did !!

thanks.

PS not in market - have one Guzzi already , and that is probably enough for now.

Back
Top Bottom