Barkbusters

Yes and they are excellent. Just wish they did solid black and not the white lettering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the barkbuster "Storm". Took the time to spray all the aluminium bits satin black (did the plastic hand shield too). I'm happy with them and would rather not get my hands whacked by a large branch, but know that if one comes my way that the handguards can take it. I have a Triple Black too!

I don't have them on this bike but my Versys, my old GS and my Explorer all had the storm's.
All 3 bikes got dropped more that once with zero damage to the guards.

Hi

Had them for a couple of years now, change in winter for the BBZ that are like muffs. With the heated grips you very rarely need winter gloves

Just looked on their www and they now show the BBZ doesn’t fit.

Blizzard's look good for the winter months! Can you get just the fabric part to fit over the bark busters metalwork? As the only ones I can see are £85 but come with their own parts

Blizzard's look good for the winter months! Can you get just the fabric part to fit over the bark busters metalwork? As the only ones I can see are £85 but come with their own parts

I like the idea of blizzards, but they dont seem to fit LC version!

Yes and they are excellent. Just wish they did solid black and not the white lettering.

Get the Storm plastics as a replacement for the standard plastics - no white lettering and they are bigger.

I have blizzards fitted to mine, they simply fit over the original handguards, though I may have used a different bar end bolt.

I have the barkbuster "Storm". Took the time to spray all the aluminium bits satin black (did the plastic hand shield too). I'm happy with them and would rather not get my hands whacked by a large branch, but know that if one comes my way that the handguards can take it. I have a Triple Black too!

Any pics of the paintwork on these?

What paint did you use?

Cheers

I have blizzards fitted to mine, they simply fit over the original handguards, though I may have used a different bar end bolt.

Exactly what I did and I used the original bolt with a plastic washer!

Works a treat and less than 5 mins to fit :thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 323
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    243.5 KB · Views: 253
Any pics of the paintwork on these?

What paint did you use?

Cheers

Hi Warlord. I've just used standard car paints (Grey Prime/Satin Black topcoat) but since posting, I have noticed a couple of wear points. So I may yet whip them off, strip the paint and have them anodised black.

Photos - see P38 "Show us your Triple Black" thread

Hi Warlord. I've just used standard car paints (Grey Prime/Satin Black topcoat) but since posting, I have noticed a couple of wear points. So I may yet whip them off, strip the paint and have them anodised black.

Photos - see P38 "Show us your Triple Black" thread

Ok great, thanks for replying

Back
Top Bottom