Klanky's GOTC Rideout?

Its a proper tarmac road, I mentioned gravel as the road isn't used that much so you can get a 'crown' of loose gravel in the centre of the road.

TBH It's certainly do-able for the average rider, it's just that I didn't want anyone to get themselves into a situation they may not be happy with as it is a VERY narrow road, so riding over the gravelly bits will happen at some stage.
You'll be lucky if you get up to 25-30mph on this stretch...so high-speed 'offs' won't be a problem.:D Meeting cars coming the other way will be more of a challenge......*

I did it on nearly bald Battlewings a few weeks ago and had no probs.

Hope this helps.

*(EDIT) The narrow gravelly stretch is only about 4-5 miles long, after that it opens up into a 'normal' single track road.

Ta, it does. No problem with gravel personally as I'm on knobblies anyway. I was just asking as Mrs Nak is hasn't been doing the pillion bit for that long. :thumb2

people wot is booked in (amended).

GS John
Go anywhere K +1
A.N. Other (tbc by Go Anywhere)
David Lee
Freeloader
Arsey
chasr
loftyboy
Nakambale
JKM
Packer

bikers.jpg

We'll not be seeing any of this ride out on Saturday night then? Have you all got accommodation at Lochinver Larder? :D

I can't open .gdb files....so I'm hoping Freeloaders not doubled the length of the route.:eek:

mmmmmmmmmm..........pies...

Oh, he's shortened it....

Once we've dodged the elephant in Lairg, got past the giant raccoon at Tongue and rolled the huge acorn out of the way at Kylestrome, we'll be too knackered to get all the way back to Ullapool.....

I "finished" doing this about 2:30 this morning, when I got to the bit where we stop and choose which way to go. By that time I'd got a bit bored...

Got something against the massive duck at Ledmore Junction? :augie

I might get around to doing "Klanky's Rideout Salvation.gdb" later on tonight though. Possibly.

Right, that's me loading the bike up and off.

If anyone needs to speak to me, I'm on the campsite,yellow 800 GirlS bike...
ifyou don't wish to speak to me, at least now you know how to avoid me.

Or phone 07525 901625.

Thanks Klanky.

As I said last night,that was the best day's riding I've ever had,having ridden all over the world.

I never knew Scotland was quite so stunning.

See you next year.

:bow

:clap:clap Thanks for organising Klanky. That was a really good ride out. Thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumb2 Mrs Nak wasn't entirely convinced by the narrow roads at the end though :D

Back
Top Bottom