Thunderbirds Are Go!

great photos ... well i saw the front wheel of Crapauds bike ... most i have seen of him in the last month............

Dear All

We are back in the land of Wi Fi and last night joined hands in an attempt to contact the living, unfortunately we discovered the bar in our current location (a bloody 5 Star hostelry, its all we could find honest :augie:augie).

All safely installed and currently sitting on the balcony of our deluxe suite watching the palm trees swaying in a gentle breeze and preparing our systems for the ride home when we hit the UK next Tuesday and Wednesday. :eek:

On that subject can I just see if anyone is available to help us out on the logistics front and able to get Bhud and Mikey from Gatwick airport next Wednesday up to Manchester?

Basically we hit flight problems and all the Manchester seats were booked. Gert and I will be flying into Manchester with 4 bikes on Monday and doing the clearance thing on Tuesday, the others have to fly to Gatwick Tuesday arriving about 10.30 that night and are going to overnight in a hotel. Basically they will get a bus, train or just hire a car for the trip but if anyone fancies being bored with tales of daring do for a few hours just let us know. :D

Right breakfast is served and it seems the beach bar opens at 9 so TTFN :jager

Nice to hear you're continuing the roughing it up :rolleyes:

Micky brought his bikes back through MAN not so long ago, might be worthwhile contacting him for any advice / location of the offices etc.

What is it with snow on this trip :nenau

Time of year maybe ;)

Anyway, not content with snow all the way to Spain and then in the Atlas mountains, I ventured up into the Picos yeterday and, you guessed it, hit snow and another buttock clenching ride ensued.......until I came across this little lot

8e6cb449.jpg

seems a car coming down the pass skidded and hit the oncoming snow plough ( just visible at the head of the queue). I ended up turning round as the road was blocked. Rather than back track miles I ended up crossing a lower pass which was mostly dirt track, took most of the day and exhausting but a fitting way to finish my trip I feel :)

Today is a day off in Bilbao, currently in the Guggenheim ( what a fab place! ) and tomorrow the ferry home, a bit excited but mostly sad the trip/adventure/holiday? is about over.......

Andres

H:blastQuick update from the Iphone, thanks to the efforts of those fabulous people at Redcoats Express who have been sorting the return to the UK bit of the trip all 4 of the Celtic contingent made it on the Manchester flight and we arrived in Manchester late last night!

Bikes came in the hold of the aircraft although not without a bit of drama thanks to the carrier sending out the wrong type of pallets. Rather than flat pallets with lots of tie down points we got general cargo boxes, just big enough to take to bikes but we are holding our breath and crossing our fingers until we get to unpack them later today.

Yesterday was eventful on the medical front also, one early morning case of the shits which was unfortunately followed by severe vomitting and squits on the plane home by another team member and projectile vomiting in the the hotel carpark from another last night on arrival! :tears

On a personal note I'm feeling pretty ropy on the tummy front which has not been helped by a text from Ms Cheeks informing me the airline taking her back to Norn Iron this morning insisted my 2 pannier bags she was taking with her had to go in the hold at a cost of £64 per bag!!!!

Back in freeeeezing cold Belfast. That panniers tale in full:

My big bag weighed the max 25 kg - in fact it was over but he said he'd overlook that. Each additional bag is then charged at £28 a bag, and £12 pr kilo for the first 3 kg (rate increases beyond that)

So at the first weigh in the additional charge was going to cost over £200! Bear in mind this is FlyBe, not Ryanair.

I decided to check in the lighter of the pannier bags and stuff my own hand luggage into the heavier one. Ok, a fee of £68 but a heck of a sight better than £200.

off I went to the security check-in, and it was only then that I cottoned on that the heavier bag was heavier because it had all the tools, socket, spot tracker etc in it - and no way could they go on as hand luggage! So I had to dash back to the check-in desk, take out anything safe enough to shove into my hand luggage (jacket, shoes, hat etc), and reduced that bag down to 3 kilos. So another £68. Ouch :eek:

On the plus side, I've stopped throwing up :mmmm

Tough yes, but worth every second, not a day went by that we did not crap ourselves at something and pissed ourselves laughing about it that evening. :D

Here's a happy Mike and Dave opening the flap on the pallet this morning. :thumb

784492192_yfMse-XL.jpg

Tough yes, but worth every second, not a day went by that we did not crap ourselves at something and pissed ourselves laughing about it that evening. :D

I was hoping you'd say something like that... I bet it was a fantastic trip :thumb2

Why have they stuck a haz sticker on his bike classifying it as "Miscellaneous"

Generally that means asbestos :)

btw concerning the cracked rear sub frame, I think I know what happened....... :augie. :D

:p

Ended up the rear subframe wasn't cracked. But the beak subframe was :eek

Still wrote it off though :( Now arguing with the insurance company about taking cash settlement as I won't let them write it off.

Back
Top Bottom