Ciao

Marco1150

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've found a sticker of this forum on the 1150GS I just bought. I thought why not to check in. Maybe I bought an old friend of one of you :)

I landed in the UK a couple of years ago from Italy, where I left my Moto Guzzi. I thought I needed a more solid, reliable and resistant bike to tour this country, on a budget, hence an extensively used but much loved 1150. I love the handling and the loading capacity.

Hope to meet some of you soon, maybe for a ride one of the next weekends, or for any of the event you may organize. And for few pints, of course.

Ciao
Marco

Ciao Marco, welcome to the crazy side of GS ownership. As I’m sat in Tuscany I’m wondering if I could live here instead, probably not, but it’s beautiful.

Enjoy the UK.

If you are still in Tuscany and you are heading north, may I suggest to have a tour on 'Passo della Raticosa' (google it). It's nothing like 'Passo dello Stelvio', still it's worth your time. It sits among the hills between Tuscany and Emilia and it's a meeting point for hundreds of bikers every weekend.

If you are not in hurry I do really recommend it.

Ciao

North?
Head west and go to the bloody seaside beyond the Maremma :D

If you are still in Tuscany and you are heading north, may I suggest to have a tour on 'Passo della Raticosa' (google it). It's nothing like 'Passo dello Stelvio', still it's worth your time. It sits among the hills between Tuscany and Emilia and it's a meeting point for hundreds of bikers every weekend.

Ciao

I'll have to try that one as I also love it in Tuscany. I have gone here (Museo Archeologico Alto Mugello, Piazza Ettore Alpi, 3, 50035 Palazzuolo sul Senio FI, Italy) from Mugello and it's a brilliant ride too. Just to the east of your route recommendation.

Ciao

The one I rode was the passo della sambuca which went to a small, but lovely, village Palazzuolo Sul Senio. I found both passes on a list of ten "The magnificent ten climbs of the Apennine". I think they could all be worth a visit. I'll Google them all to check their locations. Thanks for the tip.

Ciao
Here's the link to a Kurviger page with all the ten passes on it.
If I could rename the link I would be I'm not getting a rename option.
I'm sure it's simple I just don't remember how!
I've ridden at least a couple by just following a road and it's a stunning area; I must go back and ride some of the other ones.

https://kurviger.de/?point=Passo de...rue&avoid_small_roads=true&layer=Esri Streets

Ciao

When I get more time I'll have a go at making a circular route, or a figure of eight, and probably base it at Scarperia near the Mugello circuit.

Thank you so much for this map! It brings back good old memories. I've lived in that area for 20 years and your map shows a "typical Sunday ride" .

I might try it myself this August or maybe next year if I don't manage it en route to the Austrian MotoGP.

Back
Top Bottom