Camping event in November? 17/18/19?

Just out of interest,
If sproxton is a no go would the same amount of enthusiasm abound for a semi wild camp out,??

I don't mind, except that if it's pissing with rain, it could be fairly cold and miserable sitting out, possibly under your tarp (if you're taking the van), enough chairs etc., and plenty of drinking water.

I'd say more of a Spring Summer Autumn thing than late November.

If the CC is not up for it, let's look for a venue with a pub/campsite combo, or a campsite that won't mind a bunch of us turning up. I'll start looking for alternatives just in case.

I'll give sproxton Cc till after the weekend to respond,then chase them up.
Either way we will find a suitable venue:clap

Tufty,I have edited the attendees list,and can continue to do so if you want?
If you want to do the editing I suggest a pm to the gaffer:p
Mike
Will have a definitive answer early next week,but it's sounding like a goer:thumby:

Miners Standard? It was excellent last time

The chances of me attending have gone up now it won't a weekend ruined by some boring cnut going on about log burners and cruise ships :D

Thunderbums are go:clap
Had confirmation that we can use sproxton cricket club for the weekend.:cool:
It's going to cost £100 for the use of the pavilion and camping for all.
So decisions to be made.
Use pub for all or some catering
Put some cash in a kitty and self cater for breakfasts and eve meals
Order takeaways
Everyman for themselves.
I think my preference would be to self cater as it will be dark fairly early and the pavilion has decent facilities so make the best use of them.
Has the added bonus of making the event more social:thumb
All input appreciated but possibly ignored:beerjug:

I'm easy, If we get bored of each other wittering on about who did what to whom….theres always the pub at the end of the field.:D

Understand the pub may need notice for evenings, but I reckon their brekky will be welcome by most? That way pub also earns some dosh.

….and we eat something.:D

Good call there - self catering in the evening -
then pub & a few drinks after closing time in the pavilion
Full English at the pub in the morning

Mind if ask one or two non GSer mates along Mike ?

Steady on now. Settle down.

I like a laugh as much as the next person, but as Charles is a certified idiot, we'll just ignore his last post.

I like Mikeyboy's idea of keeping it to ourselves. Bring your own booze, and from my own bitter experience, don't drink it all on the first night.

Self cater or take-away in the evenings and on any of the road or off road rides, stop for a breakfast as soon as. I'm sure we can provide tea, coffee and milk.

As long as we work out a price per head that gives the cricket club a bit extra, we may be allowed to stay there again.

Back
Top Bottom