Sherco 320, 4T 😡

Brendan

Reaction score
Hi, anyone got first hand experience ( sorry not interested in pub talk or guess work) of a solution to starting problems with the 4 stroke Sherco trials bike. It's 2008 does not have a hot start kit fitted or any other modifications.
Bike is hard to start cold or hot but is slightly more difficult when hot.

I tried the google and got as many shit solutions as you'd find in a sewerage plant.
So please if you've been down this particular road with a Sherco 320 2008, 4 stroke any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Should do well to search and post up on Trials Central forum, rather like this place for GS's.............it's the centre of the Trials universe

I have heard they have dire starting probs, but never experienced one first hand

Hi, anyone got first hand experience ( sorry not interested in pub talk or guess work) of a solution to starting problems with the 4 stroke Sherco trials bike. It's 2008 does not have a hot start kit fitted or any other modifications.
Bike is hard to start cold or hot but is slightly more difficult when hot.

I tried the google and got as many shit solutions as you'd find in a sewerage plant.
So please if you've been down this particular road with a Sherco 320 2008, 4 stroke any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks

Don't go near the throttle, find absolute top dead centre, and give it the mother of all kicks. They are fickle but when you get used to them it becomes a habit. My son had one and got into the habit and enjoyed the bike, I used it infrequently and struggled.

Don't go near the throttle, find absolute top dead centre, and give it the mother of all kicks. They are fickle but when you get used to them it becomes a habit. My son had one and got into the habit and enjoyed the bike, I used it infrequently and struggled.

Thanks for the starting method suggestion. It's something along the lines the previous owner used.
What should I do with the choke?

Sounds like typical 4 stroke procedure, which may be a problem for those only used to 2 strokes! One tip I overheard was to place your throttle hand on the bar, not twist grip when kicking, to avoid the reflex to twist the thing.
My second 'proper' bike was a 500 Armstrong, so I learnt young!
Mark

Son just text me this, which will probably explain why I struggled.

No Throttle, find the biting point on the kick start and gently push, instead of kick. I dont think I ever used the choke. If he floods it, you just have to crack the throttle when you kick it over to clean it out, it helps to be on even ground as well.

Hope that helps

Steve

Son just text me this, which will probably explain why I struggled.

No Throttle, find the biting point on the kick start and gently push, instead of kick. I dont think I ever used the choke. If he floods it, you just have to crack the throttle when you kick it over to clean it out, it helps to be on even ground as well.

Hope that helps

Steve

Thanks Steve :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom