Africa Twin farkles list

Although it's a lot more money, with shipping and import duty, I still like the look of the Camel Adv Windscreen Brace solution.

I might go for that one instead.

https://camel-adv.com/collections/honda/products/africa-twin-windscreen-brace

I'll have a think about it. :nenau

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/f-1aAE5pBqE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

• CamelAdv1.jpg
    CamelAdv1.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 483
  • CamelAdv2.jpg
    CamelAdv2.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 472
These things don't break where that horizontal bar is, they break lower down behind the clocks, due to repetitive movement in the upper part of the screen support, exacerbated by mounting a sat nav to that horizontal bar. That bracket just gives addition rigidity to elevate the movement and hopefully failure at the lower joint. There's a few braces on the market now, Camel ADV do one as well as some private individuals.

There's another break point apparently, behind the headlights where you can't see it.

See below, and the frame removed do see where the other weak point is.

So the whole windscreen assembly is weak.

Attachments

• Cracked1.jpg
    Cracked1.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 471
  • Cracked2.jpg
    Cracked2.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 461
Not great is it! I understand weight savings, but not at the cost of structural integrity.

That Camel ADV one looks tough, but I have already bought and installed a bracket for my Nav V to fit the AT screen bar. With that Camel ADV support, I don't think I could fit, it would need to move back and up onto the new Camel ADV part.

P.S I ordered the high fender kit from Camel ADV last week, looking forward to installing it !

Pics when that arrives and fitted.

I was waiting for the Alt-Rider high fender kit (as it won't be available for a couple of months yet) and the headlight grille cover. I like Alt-rider kit.

But I did buy the Camel Adv Footpeg Shield from them and that already has paid for itself. Good kit.

I went back and fourth over whether to get the Altrider kit or the Camel kit. I prefer the brake line routing / neatness of the Camel kit. The Altrider one still loops from the left side calliper, back up and over to the right caliper, so theres two brake lines and the abs cable on the left side (sat on the bike) whereas the Camel kit has a new splitter and brake lines, one to each side with the splitter above the mudguard (its actually the bracket also) The nail in the coffin was that the Altrider ones have a long lead time. I ordered the same Polisport SM mudguard and some black fork guards, which I'm getting some stickers for. I will need to make up a cover for the ABS sensor though (which the alt rider fork guards cover)

30 litre safari tanks are available very soon, not the best looking and not something I need but handy for some no doubt . On Second thoughts :cool:
5e19d1be175d73f8cb506792d063715f.jpg

I would have thought they’ll be a European or uk distributor ( possibly touratech gong the background) otherwise they’re about £650 plus shipping

http://www.safaritanks.com.au/home/news/211-new-safari-tank-for-honda-africa-twin-coming-soon

Looks like an Alien Parasite jumped on it...

Givi have mounted the ring incorrectly on your tank bag.
The release catch should be on the side......

If you remove the insert on the inside of the bag you will find the latch ring is only secured by 4 screws, so you can turn it by 90 degrees.

HTH

I already tried this, the screws don't align to the pre-drilled holes, the spacing is totally different, I could re-drill however the plastic tank ring has 3 lugs that the metal horse shoe inner sits to stop it rotating, the tank ring can only fit in one position.

Givi have mounted the ring incorrectly on your tank bag.
The release catch should be on the side......

If you remove the insert on the inside of the bag you will find the latch ring is only secured by 4 screws, so you can turn it by 90 degrees.

HTH

That's exactly what I was thinking too when i saw the picture of bag . I'd say you were right but i'd be amazed if they had got all the instructions that badly wrong!?

Edit : Just seen post 249 :blast

Ouch, the duty on the high fender kit was painful.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 13.19.42.jpg
    Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 13.19.42.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 401
It basically means some new front brake lines and metal brackets were £300 :blast

The things we do for hobbies hey !

I got stung a few times by HM Customs. I bought a used item for $20 and got charged £40 import duty. I think they make it up sometimes.

I think its if they consider the import ticket shows a deliberate undervalue they may use their own resources to fix a true cost [right or wrong] and tax the reciever accordingly.Its strange though how Chinese goods seems to bypass import duty.

It basically means some new front brake lines and metal brackets were £300 :blast

The things we do for hobbies hey !

You've got to fit it yet without fucking anything up before you can summarise the costs :D

I went back and fourth over whether to get the Altrider kit or the Camel kit. I prefer the brake line routing / neatness of the Camel kit. The Altrider one still loops from the left side calliper, back up and over to the right caliper, so theres two brake lines and the abs cable on the left side (sat on the bike) whereas the Camel kit has a new splitter and brake lines, one to each side with the splitter above the mudguard (its actually the bracket also) The nail in the coffin was that the Altrider ones have a long lead time. I ordered the same Polisport SM mudguard and some black fork guards, which I'm getting some stickers for. I will need to make up a cover for the ABS sensor though (which the alt rider fork guards cover)

Well I got my call today from Adventure Bike Shop to say my Altrider High Fender Kit was in transit (Currently in Netherlands) so should be here shortly.

So we'll be able to show off both Altrider option and Camel Adv option soon. :)

Sweet! All going well, i'll fit mine tomorrow, along with the sprockets, tyres, windscreen support bar and a Tutoro oiler. might even wash it too!

Sweet! All going well, i'll fit mine tomorrow, along with the sprockets, tyres, windscreen support bar and a Tutoro oiler. might even wash it too!

I'm still undecided about which Windscreen Support bar. Don't know which one to go with yet.

Getting ready to instal the HEL brake lines....all seven of them.

Attachments

• B501D21E-BF76-4F74-A056-09C20A4B4243.jpg
    B501D21E-BF76-4F74-A056-09C20A4B4243.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 446

Back
Top Bottom