6-8th June 2014

Crapaud

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As Steve has fixed his Hograost dates for 2014, I thought I should confirm that Gentleman's Wee kend will be held in 2014 from Friday 6th June to Sunday 8th June. Obviously people will be welcome to arrive early if they like.

Put that in your diaries now. The date will definitely not be changing.

PS for those who care about this sort of thing, I've just calculated that as of today's date, that makes it a total of 339 SLEEPS until it starts.:D

Last edited:
Being newish here and now with 2014 diary in hand ... Is there a link to last years event ? Was there one last year and where is it ? Sorry if its blindingly obvious to some but it all sounds like a hoot .. The Bakerman Hogroast is clearly not to be missed !

Ok ok ok ... Before you all slaughter me ... I've found it !!!

Go on then Sid, Put us down.

We may well be in a tent though. Hymers got to go, we need to buy a house. :eek:

Val.

Hi Sid

So long as an 1150 is welcome I'll join in if thats OK. Be good to see everyone I met last year again.

The beast is running fine with its engine transplant - unlike me! Small argument that I lost with some Dutch apartment stairs of death. Broken and dislocated metatarsals, broken toes 3 month non-weight bearing on crutches. Hopefully up and running / limping by Xmas.

Not for the feint hearted or breakfast eating...

Hi Sid

So long as an 1150 is welcome I'll join in if thats OK. Be good to see everyone I met last year again.

The beast is running fine with its engine transplant - unlike me! Small argument that I lost with some Dutch apartment stairs of death. Broken and dislocated metatarsals, broken toes 3 month non-weight bearing on crutches. Hopefully up and running / limping by Xmas.

Not for the feint hearted or breakfast eating...

Mike, Are you planning to rebuild it :D

Thats a nasty 'accident' there mate, wish you a swift recovery. I'd suggest we'd go for a pint but looks like you aren't going anywhere far :(

Simon

I can't imagine how I've managed to consistently miss this thread for the past 3 and a half months.
Can I book a tent space please Sid? I have every intention of arriving BEFORE half past eleven on the Sunday night this time... :blast

Long way away but, airhead rebuilt and I'm getting rebuilt shortly..soooo, hopefully I'll be able to grace your estate again :bounce1 Do us scousers still have to camp half a mile away ?

We'd love to welcome you here again Kenny:)

I've missed the opportunity of trying to kill you by wheelying my KTM at you.:D I'll get some practise in so I can make it look like an accident again.:D

Camping is always on a first-come-first-served basis, even for scousers. I think in the past we had the house on the market and didn't want to lower the valuation of the property by having any scousers in close proximity.:D It was also harder for them to carry stolen goods over a longer distance.:D

no curry thanks

hi sid regards to anne 1 in bunkhouse please if iam allowed back steve

Love to attend, I will be on leave, can you PM me some details please - eg location - I will be camping if I am invited.
Cheers
Jake.

Love to attend, I will be on leave, can you PM me some details please - eg location - I will be camping if I am invited.
Cheers
Jake.

You are welcome.

All details will be given nearer the time. We will go live with bookings in March/April 2014. Location is North Devon. Event will be signposted from The Union Inn pub at Stibb Cross, near Bideford.
Plenty of room for camping.
If event is over-subscribed then priority on a reserve list will be given to Airheaders and those who have supported us in the past. But until that point, then ALL are welcome.

Cheers

Sid

Sid,

Put us on your list please. There'll be two of us in a Hymer towing something with two wheels on it. :augie

Sid - Could I put me name on a bed in the bunkhouse, preferably a low level one please :rob
Taa if I can :thumby:

Sorted Mick. I'll put you down for the bottom bunk with Paul Wong sleeping on top of you. On the top bunk if you know what I mean.:D
We don't do any of that funny business down here in Devon.:D

Mick, I think you are one of the Special VIP members who has attended Events 1 to 5. All such special people will be entitled to a special surprise at the event.:)

Any other 5 year supporters then please let me know.

I missed the first one Sid - but thanks for the thought - I get a prize every year I attend - The event is a classic not to be missed. All your team ( Anne and Sumprat) and other helpers like Proff and Barbara in the earlier events are the "Hero's of Devon". The event also chucks in an amount to a proper charity of local needy folk. THANK YOU FOR RUNNING IT
Merry Christmas spirit in June - Turkey this year maybe ?

6th-8th June 2014

Is there room for a new boy from across the board in Cornwall to join for fun and frollicks?

Regards

Dave

Have you got room for me in the bunkhouse Sid? I think its a bit too far to commute this year......
Is Trigger still patiently waiting for me to try and put it back together or have you sorted it?

Have you got room for me in the bunkhouse Sid? I think its a bit too far to commute this year......
Is Trigger still patiently waiting for me to try and put it back together or have you sorted it?

Room in the bunkhouse Pete. So far its only MickDB1 in bottom bunk and Paul Wong on top.

I've not touched Trigger in months as its too cold in the workshop at the moment.

Steve42 also in the bunkhouse. That leaves two beds in there. Priority given to the old and infirm who can't manage camping (i.e. the members of the ALF Airhead Liberation Front). Perhaps Imight need to put a Porter Potty in the corner? :D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom