Insurance- Green Card and travel insurance for Morocco list

Fanum

Toubab
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It's a perennial problem, so it might be of use if we can get a list together here of insurance companies that definitely DO issue green cards that specifically cover Morocco.

Please give any relevant info- IE Company, underwriter , price if any, no. of days valid, and contact info if you have it.

Please only list if you got your green card in the last 12 months so that the info is current :)

1) Motorcycle Direct- Online broker or call motorcycle quote line on 0870 751 8499

Were the cheapest policy for me on my 1150GSA by a significant margin and issued green card immediately, free, valid for 40 days.

Underwriters AXA

UPDATED BY TIM CULLIS

I've removed the out-of-date info from this thread and the current situation appears to be...

BMW Motorrad (Devitt) using NIG: NO unless on BMW organised tour
Carol Nash using Groupama: YES, no charge, per Steptoe, Apr 09
Carol Nash using Norwich Union: YES, £18 pw, per Ross Dean, Apr 09
Carol Nash using Red Star: NO, per Tim Cullis
Motorcycle Direct using AXA: YES, no charge, per Fanum, Sep 08
Aon Bike Care Ireland using AXA: YES, no charge
ebikeinsurance: NO

Surprisingly, BMW Insurance Services ( NIG ) do provide Green Card cover for Morocco. No charge.
However, I did have to go through a lot of contradictions form the or cal centres before writing to them direct, expressing my dismay at telephone operatprs who did not know either where Morocco was or whether they could offer third party cover there.
Two days after writing to them, they rang me to say they did cover Morocco, but third party only.
I now have the Green Card in my hands and it does cover Morocco....

Royal and Sun Alliance via Carole Nash (had to change company at renewal as not all companies via CN cover Morocco). Green card issued for specific bike for specified time (14 days). No charge.

Cheers

Thanks for that so far chaps :thumb2

I've edited the thread title to include travel insurance as well- might as well get it all in one place.

Must cover Morocco and MUST cover motorcycling over 125cc please :thumb2

I get mine from AA Travel- annual policy, covers Morocco plus most countries with a Med coast as well as Eastern Europe, annual policy with trips up to 60 days IIRC £54 per year.......

Small print says you have to be wearing a helmet and it won't cover rallying or racing.

203556525-M.jpg

203556608-M.jpg

Insurance Cover

April / May 2007.
Like Gordon, had to switch companies cause previous one did not provide cover south of Spain! Finally went with Carol Nash / policy with Armagroup: Green card issued covering up to a maximum of 35 days: However, Fully Comp. cover dropped to TP only in Morocco & NO Breakdown cover either!
Luckily didn't have need of either.

Mike

I can confirm ...

... that Footman James DO NOT offer any sort of insurance outside of the EU, Norway or Switzerland. I thought it was too good to be true, getting my intercontinental transport put on my existing policy for nothing :spitfire

Travel insurance via Royal Bank of Scotland - I have annual travel and medical insurance through my Royalties Gold Account - covers Morocco (as part of Europe) - covers bikes greater than 125cc provided it is owned by the policy holder and ridden in Europe (inc Morocco)

Cheers

Travel insurance via Royal Bank of Scotland - I have annual travel and medical insurance through my Royalties Gold Account - covers Morocco (as part of Europe) - covers bikes greater than 125cc provided it is owned by the policy holder and ridden in Europe (inc Morocco)

Update received today - any holidays booked after December 2007 will be subject to new policy conditions. For motorcyclists the change is greater than 125cc, owned by the policy holder who must have no pending convictions and a clean licence for 3 years. Any holiday booked before 31st December will have current policy conditions applied even when the holiday is taken during 2008 - small print - worth a read!

Cheers

Bike. Noriwch Union through Carole Nash provied Green Card for Morocco.

Medical. Annual Post Office travel insurance policy however Carole Nash also do a travel insurance policy which would cover Morocco. The Post Office policy was cheaper (£39) especially when booked on-line.

Carol Nash give a Green Card even though it'd endorsed on the rear of policy :)

Also do personal insurance for unlimited bike CC while on holiday :)

Ebike don't do any thing in my experiance :(

Carol Nash RSA green card

I just got my green card for a specified period in january from Carol Nash. charged €63 inclusive of the carol Nash €45 administration fee. when i see that some of our uk brethern are not charged by cn for the green card I get right p.off.:spitfire

Cover reduced from fully comp to tpo and no breakdown . hope to god i wont need either. anyway looking forward to the week in morocco. bike going from ireland via ktmbill i fly in on the 4th to malaga home on the 14th.:guitarist

BENNETTS

Hi just phoned Bennetts were is Morocco was the reply if not in Europe we dont cover. Looks like ill have to change to some one else before April.

Hi just phoned Bennetts were is Morocco was the reply if not in Europe we dont cover. Looks like ill have to change to some one else before April.

Ask to speak to a supervisor- the monkeys who initially answer the phone do so to a script.......mention that most other companies do cover Morocco 'cos it has a Mediterranean coast ;)

Always worth a phone call and a polite but firm push :thumb2

Bennetts up date

Insurance

No good tried the superviser route to no avail tried the black mail route as
my wife, son, & myself all have policies with them but not for much longer!
Time to look for new insurance company.

How much is the border insurance?
Is it worth the paper it's written on?
Is breakdown cover available for Morocco?
Thanks.

About 70 quid for a month or you can take it out for a week as I recall.

Anyway, Equity Red Star through Carol Nash do not cover Morocco. :(

How much is the border insurance?
Is it worth the paper it's written on?
Is breakdown cover available for Morocco?
Thanks.

As Snoops said, about £70 the month or you can have it for 5 or 10 days.
It's only 3rd party RTA cover, so don't expect anything to be paid to you if you fall off...but if you knock some kid over, it'll be worth it's weight in gold if it keeps you out of a Moroccan prison cell :)

Breakdown cover isn't available over there, but you won't be stranded if you get stuck as everyone will offer to help....(for a price but that's fair enough)

AXA are still doing green cards for Morocco....they're the underwriter for my policy with Motorcycle Direct.

The reason I'm reporting it again is that I had t opush this time.....I phoned up, asked for the green card and said that it must specifically list Morocco as covered and the girl said she's check with the underwiters and get back to me.

10 mins later she phoned back and said that they wouldn't cover it....I told her I had only taken the policy with them because of the Maroc greenies and that I wanted one.....she said she's check again and call back.

Se didn't call back but this morning (two days after the phone call) I received my green card, with Maroc listed :clap

The moral of the story is that it's worth pushing, ask for a supervisor or ask that they check again with their underwriters :thumb

BMW Motorrad Insurance (NIG) said no at first but I persevered and got a phone call back half an hour later to say yes. Third party only, but it saves having to buy border insurance. No charge.

Whilst I was away BMW Insurance wrote to me asking for £40 for the green card. They then wrote again. Did it not cross their minds that having issued me with a green card I might be using it?

They didn't mention any cost before issuing it--and Carol Nash certainly didn't charge me for the green card for my XR400 last year. £40 is more expensive than buying Moroccan border insurance (and four times the price of a month's insurance in Senegal) so I shall be having words with them. Watch this space.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom