Tools to carry

zdaveuk

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
After being out on Saturay with Martin, Jef,Peter and Chris. We got talking about what we carried on the bike in way of tools etc. I dont mean on a long journey, but when out and about . It turns out that as I only carry the BMW tool roll that came with the bike I`m very inadequate (missus tells me that all time ).:blast
The others carry everything from a tow rope to a mini compressor :eek:

So what I was wondering are they over cautious or am I under equiped ?(funny missus says that too):augie

After reading through R1200GS toolkit info at the following link I made up a toolkit based on the recommendations. Had most of the bits and pieces lying around so just careful packing and low and behold I got everything to fit including spare bulbs.

http://www.r1200gs.info/misc/toolkit.html

After being out on Saturay with Martin, Jef,Peter and Chris. We got talking about what we carried on the bike in way of tools etc. I dont mean on a long journey, but when out and about . It turns out that as I only carry the BMW tool roll that came with the bike I`m very inadequate (missus tells me that all time ).:blast
The others carry everything from a tow rope to a mini compressor :eek:

So what I was wondering are they over cautious or am I under equiped ?(funny missus says that too):augie

If I'm just in the local area and up in the hills off road i'll have the standard adv tool kit plus
adjustable spanner
mini molegrips
can of tyre weld cable tied on pannier rack
tow rope
front brake lever
clutch lever
gear lever
tubless puncture repair kit
small compressor
small can wd40
cable ties

Sometimes carry a front inner tube and a couple of levers in a back pack you can use that in the rear in an emergency ;)

If I'm just in the local area and up in the hills off road i'll have the standard adv tool kit plus
adjustable spanner
mini molegrips
tow rope
front brake lever
clutch lever
gear lever
small compressor
small can wd40
cable ties

Sometimes carry a front inner tube and a couple of levers in a back pack you can use that in the rear in an emergency ;)

And if further a field?
as above plus
3 toyota landcruisers filled with 6 BMW R1150 GSA`s stripped for spares :D

And if further a field?
as above plus
3 toyota landcruisers filled with 6 BMW R1150 GSA`s stripped for spares :D

flask of coffee 2xredbull 2xmars bar and my sarnies :p
You'd be suprised what a bit of food can do when you knackered :thumb2

adjustable spanner
mini molegrips
tow rope
front brake lever
clutch lever
gear lever
small compressor
small can wd40
cable ties

Dont forget duck tape!!:rob:rob

Back
Top Bottom