Bike Based First Aid Weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadjim

Reaction score
Hello boys and girls. Hope that this may be of interest to some of you, I have organised a bikers first aid course in conjunction with the Bowland Pennine Mountain Rescue Team at their HQ just outside Clitheroe in Lancashire.

http://www.bowlandpenninemrt.org.uk/smeltmill.htm

We will be arriving on Friday evening of the 15th April and it is a full day of training on Saturday 16th April, staying over that evening too. The training will be delivered by HSE qualified tutors that have an in depth and hands on knowledge of motorcycle related injuries. If you pass the training you will be a HSE certified first aider, just attending the training might just help you save a life of one of your biking buddies!

Included in the weekend is your accommodation on Friday and Saturday, nibbles on arrival on Friday evening, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday, and Sunday breakfast. As the training is being organised by bikers, and the training centre is in a great biking area there will be a ride out organised on Sunday after breakfast and I am sure that we could get out on Saturday too! There is secure parking for bikes, and we have organised a local brewery to supply us a barrel of beer that will cost about £1.40 a pint. (Or you can bring your own) All that you would need to bring with you would be a sleeping bag.

All of the above for £125.00, please send me a PM if you are interested, or need more information.

Jim

For those who've not been to the Trough of Bowland its an excellent place to ride. We'll be hoping to have a ride out on Saturday evening if there's enough interest (and time), and Sunday will be a good run out starting and ending at Smelt Mill. I've attached a link to some old footage of a ride along the Trough road from where the course is run - loads more roads like this in the moors ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuAz74qBTe4

The team is Bowland Pennine MRT (www.bpmrt.org.uk) and we run these courses to raise funds to keep us operational, so all goes to a good cause at the end of the day.

Iain

Thanks for organising this Jim and Iain, it was a great weekend and thanks to all in the background who looked after us. Hopefully if we come across an injured biker we can now make a difference.

I would highly recommend anyone to take this kind of course even if you hopefully never have to use any of the skills learnt.

Cheers

Mark :thumb2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom