Iceland a video ride report

Great editing with good info, bring it on:clap

Fantastic Darren. Any chance of a Google map of your route? I fancy a return trip...:thumb2

Cheers mate.

Fantastic Darren. Any chance of a Google map of your route? I fancy a return trip...:thumb2

Cheers Lee. I have never used goggle maps, I'm a bit of a luddite, I still use paper.
I brought an old Garmin 2610 from ebay, but some stroker scratched the screen and now I can't use the touch screen properly.
The following vids do have some location info on them with some macro paper mapping shots. I just need to finish them off.

Should have the second one complete next week sometime.

Thanks again fella,

Darren

Cheers Lee. I have never used goggle maps, I'm a bit of a luddite, I still use paper.
I brought an old Garmin 2610 from ebay, but some stroker scratched the screen and now I can't use the touch screen properly.
The following vids do have some location info on them with some macro paper mapping shots. I just need to finish them off.

Should have the second one complete next week sometime.

Thanks again fella,

Darren

Look forward to it:thumb

I didn't think we needed a GPS etc for Iceland as the 'proper paper' maps are good but did get a free download of Garmin friendly mapping onto my 2610 just for interest:)

Superb professional quality video. Looking forward to the next instalments as I would like to go to Iceland next year.

Grey Beard

I know the feeling.

Excellent video.........!

Flights booked.......Looking forward to my eighth trip there:thumb

FP.

Iceland does kinda get you like that, I was talking to Pal the other night and he is going back next year with his wife and kids, we may join him.

This year I have a massive trip coming up in July supported by KTM, we are taking 2x 2012 690 Enduros from London to Sydney via China and Tibet. The trip is called "Continental Drift" we have a face book page set up and we leave on 1st July from the KTM Center, Hemel Hempstead.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Continental-Drift/295235653852940

Iceland does kinda get you like that, I was talking to Pal the other night and he is going back next year with his wife and kids, we may join him.

This year I have a massive trip coming up in July supported by KTM, we are taking 2x 2012 690 Enduros from London to Sydney via China and Tibet. The trip is called "Continental Drift" we have a face book page set up and we leave on 1st July from the KTM Center, Hemel Hempstead.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Continental-Drift/295235653852940

Glad to see that KTM is supporting "adventures". I bet they do this every time :blast:blast:blast Long Way Round or some bloke on a Touratwat bursting outfitted BMW Adventure drives by the head office in Austria.

KTM

Glad to see that KTM is supporting "adventures". I bet they do this every time :blast:blast:blast Long Way Round or some bloke on a Touratwat bursting outfitted BMW Adventure drives by the head office in Austria.

I am sure that is completely true, something you have to be mindful of is that KTM are a much much smaller company then BMW, one plant of BMW works in Berlin is the equivalent of the complete factory at KTM. They do punch above their weight but they are fundamentally the David to the BMW Goliath.

One thing to consider is that the 950 Adventure was not launched in America at the time of LWR, so they were in a different place as far as globally promoting bikes was concerned.

Never the less I go back to my opening remark- "I bet they do".

I am sure that is completely true, something you have to be mindful of is that KTM are a much much smaller company then BMW, one plant of BMW works in Berlin is the equivalent of the complete factory at KTM. They do punch above their weight but they are fundamentally the David to the BMW Goliath.

One thing to consider is that the 950 Adventure was not launched in America at the time of LWR, so they were in a different place as far as globally promoting bikes was concerned.

Never the less I go back to my opening remark- "I bet they do".

I'm only going on what I saw on the TV show like everyone else. But it did seem like the perfect opportunity to publicise KTM. If it did all go pear shaped then they could have blamed it on inexperienced actors :D. Plus how many blokes travel around with two 4x4s fully kitted out with spares and a medic. In fact it did go pear shaped as the BMWs broke down many times (mainly do the driver error and the fact that they were overloaded to the max).

Look forward to Part II. Some great editing btw.

What a nice thing to wake up to other than the normal Cbeebies. Cracking editing and you should be working for the Iceland tourist bureau.

BTW has Iceland given back all the money they owe the UK government. I assume that the country is no longer on the UK terrorist nation list? I reckon we should just make the whole country a UK national riding park :D

Back
Top Bottom