Bar risers, anybody want some?

tanneman

Incomplete Arse
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I've been looking at getting a set of 40mm bar risers but the price for 2 pieces of aluminium is over the top. So I decided to have my own made. The engineering company I'm dealing with will do 10 sets of risers for £20. If it was for only one set I would pay £40.

I want to gauge the interest in these bar risers if I can get 10 or more tossers buying it to keep the costs down. I can include the longer bolts at cost as I have a friend that works at a fastener company. Postage can then be calculated. I'm not looking at making money out of this, just to get a quality product made as how I want it at a reasonable price, postage incl for fellow tossers.

The bar risers would fit underneath the current handle bar fixings, much like the 40mm risers on the Nippy Normans site ( http://www.nippynormans.com/product...rs-for-r1200gs-08-on-2010-on-40mm-wun-8500307 ) but only in one piece. I understand that this the maximum that I can raise the bars without changing the cables. I'm doing this to get a more comfortable position when standing on the pegs, I'll see what it's like sitting down but the current configuration suits me well for normal road riding.

Don't know if this is the right section but as it is for a 08 onwards 1200GS/GSA I reckon I would get a better response here.

I got the names down of 4 tossers:

E. Buygum
boo
howdoo
hardbang

The more the better.

Ok then. I'll have a word with the man at the engineering works to get a price for 5 sets. I'll have one made and fit it for a photo session which I'll post on here to see if it'll get more attention or if the price is favourable I'll let the interesting parties know and get the stuff dispatched.

This will have to wait a bit because next weekend we'll be in France.

I have another project but more of it later.

Ok then. I'll have a word with the man at the engineering works to get a price for 5 sets. I'll have one made and fit it for a photo session which I'll post on here to see if it'll get more attention or if the price is favourable I'll let the interesting parties know and get the stuff dispatched.

This will have to wait a bit because next weekend we'll be in France.

I have another project but more of it later.
:thumb2

I'm not looking at making money out of this, just to get a quality product made as how I want it at a reasonable price, postage incl for fellow tossers.

Interested parties

E. Buygum
boo
howdoo
hardbang
blueoffroader400

michael2001 should I ad your name?

Hopefully will have a prototype next week Thursday.

Interested parties

E. Buygum
boo
howdoo
hardbang
blueoffroader400
Richie B
capesey
Rhinoman

Interested parties

E. Buygum
boo
howdoo
hardbang
blueoffroader400
Richie B
capesey
Rhinoman
SynchroGS
morty

Including me that should be 11. I'll have as many made as there is people interested.

Back
Top Bottom