Lara's having some cosmetic surgery.

Chris That Fat Twat

Reaction score
So after a rewire, ceramic clutch, HPN fairing/cockpit & lamp, Fastway pegs/guards, uprated alternator, starter motor, HPN "floating" rear brake, remote GPS aerial, etc. etc. over the last year, the time has come to indulge Lara with the ar*e of something a bit younger ;) ...thanks Steptoe :thumb .
I'm still going to run the 18" rear wheel which is being rebuilt onto an 1100 hub. It looks like the Q-tech subframe will still fit but a new trick shocker has been made by WP complete with an appropriate :weights spring. I'm sure we'll run up against a few hiccups but so far so good. All the bits coming off her are already spoken for with a second dibs.

Alas I'm not an engineer/technowhiz but having heard so many "tales" of this conversion being done I've decided to share the project's progress as it happens. I'm paying a friend, who built my Dakar bike, to do this work and so obviously any questions asked on this thread will be answered here....but they might take a few days - visiting hours you understand :) .

Lara before her latest surgery.

Attachments

• Lara prior to upgrade.jpg
    Lara prior to upgrade.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 2,604
how disappointing...

For some reason I though there might have been some connection to Miss Croft in this posting... how foolish of me

Sounds like it's going to be a rather tasty motorbike. Look forward to seeing it complete ;)

More Pictures Chris

Come on man , more close up side shots , lets be seein what shes
made of ?.
Lets be seein tha swanky subframe . :bow

For some reason I though there might have been some connection to Miss Croft in this posting...

2 big jugs sticking out ? :nenau

We thought a new subframe might have to be built but with the new WP shocker mounted it looks like the Q-tech frame should be fine once the top mounting bracket has been welded into place.

Attachments

• shocker 3.jpg
    shocker 3.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 2,397
Today I've ordered a new 21" front KTM Rally wheel and a rear 18" rim which we'll have built onto the 1100 hub (both in black) from Talon Engineering. Not sure of the offset for the rear yet but I'll post the measurements soon as.

Got the quote in for a 2 into 1 exhaust that moves the silencer to the offside of the bike (which will completely expose the rear wheel) £780 in steel and the cost of a nice semi if in titanium. So there is definitely a vacancy for an exhaust fabricator ;) .

Attachments

• hub.jpg
    hub.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 2,345
Tidied up the exhaust y-piece until I can find someone to make a new system at a sensible price.

Attachments

• Lara upgrade0006.jpg
    Lara upgrade0006.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 2,128
Another angle of the bracket J, bits in post but call as your pm box is full and your home phone is being answered by Tony Soprano :confused: .

Attachments

• Lara upgrade0002.jpg
    Lara upgrade0002.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,505
That looks horrendus :eek:
Correct way to do it as per HPN :thumb
Swinging arm is narrower and needs a threaded spacer welding to the frame too :bow

Attachments

• rear2.jpg
    rear2.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 1,487

Back
Top Bottom