1100 battery replacement

doubleR

Reaction score
I have finally decided the battery on my 1100 needs to be replaced. After winter storage it started the ABS light flashing routine but would hold a charge for a week or so.
Having done a 240 mile trip today there was hardly enough power in it to start the bike.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement battery as mine seems to be the original.
Advice appreciated.

Almost a year ago I replaced my original 98 1100GS battery with an Odyssey one. So far it's been perfect, as it should, but when I fall over it won't be damaged as it's designed to work in any position except upside down.

As these batteries are at the top end of the price range I think you should at least get a quality Gel battery. They are better at resisting vibration and aren't damaged when the bike is resting on it's side.

Mick.

Mick Fagan said:
Almost a year ago I replaced my original 98 1100GS battery with an Odyssey one. So far it's been perfect, as it should, but when I fall over it won't be damaged as it's designed to work in any position except upside down.

As these batteries are at the top end of the price range I think you should at least get a quality Gel battery. They are better at resisting vibration and aren't damaged when the bike is resting on it's side.

Mick.
Mick, but your battery is always upside down:confused:

I just got a Varta battery after my seven year old original gave up the ghost. Works a treat. 90Euros but probably cheaper in the UK as a lot of stuff is, but the brits don't realise this...

Richie, best laugh I've had in a while.

Seriously though BMW are now supplying different batteries and some of them are Gel ones made by Exide. There are two locations they are manufactured for BMW, Spain and the USA.

I really would only put a Gel battery in a bike if it was an option these days. They don't cost much more and the type of construction and manufacturing, really means it should outlast a standard battery.

Mick.

1100 Battery

Fitted a varta battery 3 weeks ago to rplace the original
£53.00 ready to go

Back
Top Bottom