1150 headlights on 1100 - mission acomplished :)

Andrej

I bought complete set of 1150 headlights, windshield and many other small parts from local BMW dealer ( total cost is about 500 EUR ) - they have very effective supply line with their central storage in Germany, so every ordered part is available in a 24h ( here in Croatia ).

bok.jpg

Original bulbs are replaced with Osram 10W halogen and Osram SilverStar 60W in high beam and Osram CoolBlue 60W in a low beam light. I've read many complaints about them, but in my case with these bulbs they are at least 50% better than original headlight from 1100.

front.jpg

Complete unit fits perfectly in place of previous set.

far.jpg

Tiny aluminium grill has been used to cover gap between control panel and inner shield.

inner.jpg

Skilled professionals that made this modification possibile :D

professionals.jpg

HEY - COOL WORK GUYS !

looks good - next step could be the 1100/1150 conversion beak and you've almost got an 1150 .

Any chance of a parts list - just for the record ?

motomartin said:
HEY - COOL WORK GUYS 1

Thank you :)

looks good - next step could be the 1100/1150 conversion beak and you've almost got an 1150 .

Yep, but then whole mod will looks like some desperate imitation of 1150 :)
I still have many tasks to do
- polishing of all shiny parts :)
- repainting to cobalt grey with carbon look details...
- RAM mountings for my IPAQ and GPS
- Hellla set of fog lights
...and much more :)

Any chance of a parts list - just for the record ? [/B]
:)

I still have bunch of papers with list in my car ( it consists about 70-100 parts ) but it's quite easy to find:
Go to http://maxbmwmotorcycles.com/fiche/fiche.asp
, choose R1150GS and only available year on right side.

Lighting/Headlight/Headlight parts and Headlight - you need all parts from this list.

Frame/Fairing/Front Panel carrier - all parts from here ( actually, only upper part is needed so you should use some saw ) :)

Frame/Fairing/Upper trim panel - all

Frame/Fairing/Windshields - all

And that's it :)

Warning - little bastard called " head light vertical aim control 00000350614" is already integrated in Front panel carrier so I have interesting key chain that costs me about 40 EUR :(

Better Lights??

Looks great I agree, but what was wrong with your 1100's lights if the 1150 ones are BETTER:confused: I had then 1100 before my 1150 & the lights were way better on the old girl - always thought the new model was "form over function" there again I'm not even sure about the "form" bit:D

Ade

I'd say, put a B-beak on your 1100GS, and suddenly that old headlight looks stylish:

9329856-M.jpg

9758710-M.jpg

Back
Top Bottom