1150 stop light wiring

Banjaxed

Reaction score
Hi - I've fitted the stop lights to my Givi topbox and now have to wire in the connection to the stoplight and earth circuits. Could someone with a wiring diagram please tell me the colour of the wire I need to tap into under the rack at the rear? Suggestions for a suitable earth point (or earthed wire) would be helpful too. Bike is a 2002 GSA.
Thanks.

Connecting additional brake light

Paul

On mine its:

Givi black to GS brown
Givi blue to GS grey/yellow

and what a difference it makes, esp. from a distance.

Ralph

Ditto

I did the same.

Plus I put a modulator in which Flashes the rear lights only in the Givi Box.

Very effective.

Re: Ditto

bandit said:
I did the same.

Plus I put a modulator in which Flashes the rear lights only in the Givi Box.

Very effective.

Bandit

Could you explain this in simple terms for me, please?!

Re: Re: Ditto

ralphy said:
Bandit
Could you explain this in simple terms for me, please?!

Ralph,

Are you sure you want to go there with this question? Doesn't the word "flasher" bring back painful memories even though you were eventually found not guilty?

Mike
[Safely 3000 miles away]
:D

Re: Re: Re: Ditto

mikebelch said:
Ralph,

Are you sure you want to go there with this question? Doesn't the word "flasher" bring back painful memories even though you were eventually found not guilty?

Mike
[Safely 3000 miles away]
:D
Mikey! Good to hear from you; trust you are working hard in the USofA. I've just had a blast up & down the Cheddar Gorge & convinced a R1 rider that the GS is THE bike for this bit of God's country.
Anyway, theres a fine line between flashing & indecent exposure - as the judge explained to me in his chambers afterwards......

Thanks guys.

Never fails to amaze me how much people on this site know...
Bandit - how did you wire in the modulator and has the Old Bill pulled you over?
Unless I'm mistaken, we aren't allowed to have flashing brake lights (I remember looking at the lighting regs a while ago) although I think it's a bl**dy wonderful idea.
Cheers!

Flasher

Very simple

The main brake light doesnt flash (so no probs when it comes to the MOT I just have to take the box off)

I wired the 'flasher' in series with the Givi box lights.

The best place I found to do this and house the flasher unit was under the tool tray, which lifts out very easily.

The lights only start to flash after 2 or 3 seconds.

It is very effective, quite a few bikers have commented on them at traffic lights. I ride in London so as far as I am concerned every little helps when it comes to visibility.

As far as PC plod is concerned I think they have better things to do with their lives. I was talking by a couple of traffic cops on motorcycles at the traffic lights a couple of weeks ago. I wear a white a white flip up helmet, high vis jacket and blueish white PIAA driving lights. They only wanted a chat, and complemented me on my visibility.

I bought the flasher from the US, but I am sure you could source one from the UK.

See attached link :

http://www.webbikeworld.com/Reviewed-motorcycle-products/comagination/visistop/visistop.htm

Dave

Back
Top Bottom