1250 GS TE recall

The Burpster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Am I the only one to have received a recall notice for EMS to be reprogrammed to allow for rapid changes in engine/drivetrain speeds?

Or is this old news?

worldwide. in fairness I only got my letter last week and already had my bike booked in for today.

Barry

Old news, but according to the letter the software update takes 30 minutes. According to Bahnstormer it can take 6 hours. Mine's booked in for September when the service is due. They will lend me a bike and do the software update overnight. Let's hope the weather is good then as it's a 250 mile round trip on consecutive days.

Old news, but according to the letter the software update takes 30 minutes. According to Bahnstormer it can take 6 hours. Mine's booked in for September when the service is due. They will lend me a bike and do the software update overnight. Let's hope the weather is good then as it's a 250 mile round trip on consecutive days.
Software update is an overnight job. It’s not 30 minutes

I got told it may take up to 8 hours but they won’t know till they plug the bike in.

No biggie for me as I’m retired and they’re giving me a bike but I could see it being a pain for some.

Exactly the same for me in February at Bahnstormer

Exactly the same for me in Februry at Bahnstormer

Apologies for the duplicate posting 🫢

Got mine booked with a service and MOT next week and it gonna take 2 days !!!! That must some software update - is Bill Gates flying over to do it ??;):)o_O

I think its as enthusiastic your dealer is to do this. Bahnstormer Maidenhead were brilliant. Early arrival and handover. Cup of coffee and told may take upto 4 hours. 2 hours later job done. So not sure why people are being told its a overnight job.

Back
Top Bottom